iPhone video filmed vertically

Reaction score
I filmed a 2 minute video on my iphone 4s holding the phone vertically....soon after I learned if you want to be able to watch this video correctly on your computer it need's to be filmed holding the phone horoizontally...

Is there anyway to send a large video file from your phone to the computer without plugging it in (like via email), so the video will work and play correctly?

Anyone else have this issue? Please help, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I filmed a 2 minute video on my iphone 4s holding the phone vertically....soon after I learned if you want to be able to watch this video correctly on your computer it need's to be filmed holding the phone horoizontally...

Is there anyway to send a large video file from your phone to the computer without plugging it in (like via email), so the video will work and play correctly?

Anyone else have this issue? Please help, thanks.

There's an app named PhotoSync for the iPhone that will wirelessly transfer photos and video over your Wi-Fi at home. I highly recommend it.

That said… I'm not sure if you understand that, if you made a video with the iPhone held upright, transferring it to the computer won't make it play any differently. If recorded vertically, playback in the vertical aspect is correct and will not change. You can't magically make it wider if the video data was never acquired in that dimension.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.