corrupted iphoto library

Reaction score
hello! i am new to this forum and i would appreciate it very much if u can help me with my problem. my iphoto library has been corrupted and i wanna know how can i delete this app as i am using aperture now. i can't create an album on Facebook and snapfish coz i accidentally clicked on iphoto library and it wont open and the computer just hang after that. please, help! thanks!:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your iPhoto library is corrupt, just press and hold down the Apple key the next time you start iPhoto and it will rebuild your library. After that you can use Aperture. Do not delete iPhoto as there is no point in doing so.

C

chas_m

Actually I think it's command-option (tested; yes it is) that does that, but yes, hopefully that will fix whatever is wrong with the op's iPhoto library.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually I think it's command-option (tested; yes it is) that does that, but yes, hopefully that will fix whatever is wrong with the op's iPhoto library.

Apple key and Command Option key are the same chas. Even Wikipedia knows that. :) LINK

C

chas_m

chscag: not to be picky or pedantic, but what Wikipedia (and everyone else) knows is that the Apple key (aka the command key) and the option key are two different keys. :)

In your original post, you said to hold down ONLY the command (Apple) key. This is incorrect. It's command AND option.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, hopefully the OP knew what I meant not what I wrote. ;P

Have a great Memorial Day!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.