Gemini for Mac

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Gemini has gotten good reviews from Mac sites as a good duplicate finder..

Reaction score
Older version of Gemini?

I would really like to use Gemini the duplicate finder on my Mac to help remove a lot of duplicate files which I know I have. But the current version only works on OS X 10.7 or higher. Well my computer is 10.6 and there are no updates available. Is there a previous version of this that I could use and where might I find it?

Thanks so much!
Natasha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I would really like to use Gemini the duplicate finder on my Mac to help remove a lot of duplicate files which I know I have. But the current version only works on OS X 10.7 or higher. Well my computer is 10.6 and there are no updates available. Is there a previous version of this that I could use and where might I find it?

Thanks so much!
Natasha

If you upgrade to 10.6.8, which is as far as you can go for the Snow Leopard version, it will give the Mac App Store. In there search for Gemini and download it if from there.

EDIT : I just looked on the Mac App Store and it says its only available for Mountain Lion (10.8) and later, unfortunately . . .

Sorry you will have to find something different of upgrade to to Mountain Lion or Mavericks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don't know if Softonic is a genuine seller of the app, but here is a link. For mine I would be very dodgy about using this software from the makers of CleanMyMac etc. Note user satisfaction is only 50% ~ 2.5/5.

software mac 10.6.8 gemini free download (Mac)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you upgrade to 10.6.8 try searching the App store for Gemini anyway. Since there apparently was a version that worked with 10.6.8 it may show. My thinking is that the App store my show the older version if you are running the older OS. Similar to the wat the iPhone apps behave. I only see the recent version but I'm running Mavericks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Don't know if Softonic is a genuine seller of the app, but here is a link. For mine I would be very dodgy about using this software from the makers of CleanMyMac etc. Note user satisfaction is only 50% ~ 2.5/5.

software mac 10.6.8 gemini free download (Mac)

As much as i wouldn't use CleanMyMac Harry, i have to say, I give 5/5 for Gemini. As a Duplicate Finder it does a great job, and you know how Apple vet their App Store 3rd Party Apps, they wouldn't let dubious Apps in, as like Clean My Mac isn't in the Mac App Store, but Gemini and Clean my Drive is . . . It does get 4 ½ Stars on the Mac App Store . . .Just saying :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think not Brent? Not that long ago Apple were selling Nortons AntiVirus software! You know the old Latin saying:_

A buck is a buck is a buck!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.