• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

AllThingsD Reports Apple iPad Event Oct 22nd

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds reasonable to me. Everything he said in the article has been talked about since earlier this year. A new iPad with a faster processor and better cellular capability is something Apple has been working on.

Reaction score
I can't wait for this event. I will be getting the ipad 5 as my first ever ipad. Might go for the space grey model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
This i have been waiting for. Now my decision is do i go for the reported thinner/lighter iPad 5 or stay with my iPad Mini and hope they have a Retina display in it ?? This is going to be hard.

Now who is going to buy a Mac Pro ?/ And will Apple throw out a 4K Monitor to go with it ?? And Mavericks as well. Im hoping Mavericks is announced and everyone is caught up in it so i have time to get the Ship in 1-3 Days on my iPad/iPad Mini hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
Mini with TouchID and retina

C

chas_m

I somehow doubt the mini will get Touch ID. I think they'll save that for the full-size iPad. Of course I could be wrong. I'm also not too sure about the Retina for the mini either -- the lack of Retina hasn't hurt sales of the mini one little bit.

Of the two possibilities, I'd say the Retina screen is more likely than Touch ID for the next iPad mini. They want to keep the price down on that.

Reaction score
I think it has to get retina this time. Its the thing that it is missing and probably the one thing putting people (me) off buying one yet.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The event is true according to every source I have checked. On the Retina Mini, I have heard that is a for sure. We will soon know! :D

Also I am quite sure 10.9 Mavericks will be released at that event also. It fits with the Gold Master that has been out a week or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I was just about to buy a refurb ATV for my basement TV. I think I'll wait a week and see if they toss out anything new (hardware) for ATV at the event. Ya never know...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig
I've been snoozing a bit. This10.9 Mavericks, is that an update for mountain lion?
I am waiting on the iPad announcement- going to upgrade my first gen iPad( I have a buyer for it) . We are planning a trip to Delaware Nov 2nd so if the new iPad is released I will get it then( no state taxes)- Just trying to decide between 32 or 64 gig- i the year since I got my (used) iPad I do more with it and there are several apps I can't update anymore and others I can't even install because of 5.0

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do you consider Windows 8 an upgrade to Windows 7 or a new OS? Mountain Lion to Mavericks will be like Vista to Windows 7 or W7 to W8.

I did some searching last night and rumor now has it that for sure Mavericks will be announced the 22nd and released either that day or 3 days or so after the 22nd. I hope it comes out the 22nd! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
4 more :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping:

Have a read of this interesting article, there is some valid things that you could conspire over lol Apple iPad event Oct 22nd confirmed: iPad mini 2 and iPad 5 expected - SlashGear

After reading ^^^ Im really hoping with my Retina iPad Mini and when they give us the Mavericks Details, that they also say they are going to do something with Aperture. Its been nearly 4 yrs now since it went from 2 to 3 and i want a Aperture 4. It was just over 2 years from 1 to 2, was exactly 2 yrs from 2-3, and nearly 4 years on this version. Its time they upped the Anti and give us Aperture 4 because its starting to look old.
Anyways here is to hoping and i can hope/wish cant I ??

Hmmm might even get a iPad 5 if its the same Bezel and thinness of the iPad Mini, and the biggest reason i never wanted one, was because of the weight and found it impractical to hold comfortably to read, so spec to spec come the 22nd and i might be looking at a $600+ toy not a $400+ toy . . . . . Why oh why do they make it so hard . . . . . Arrggghh ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
After reading ^^^ Im really hoping with my Retina iPad Mini and when they give us the Mavericks Details, that they also say they are going to do something with Aperture. Its been nearly 4 yrs now since it went from 2 to 3 and i want a Aperture 4. It was just over 2 years from 1 to 2, was exactly 2 yrs from 2-3, and nearly 4 years on this version. Its time they upped the Anti and give us Aperture 4 because its starting to look old.
Anyways here is to hoping and i can hope/wish cant I ??

Sounds like it's time to upgrade to Lightroom. ;) Its one of the few usable and affordable Adobe products. I much prefer it over Aperture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like it's time to upgrade to Lightroom. ;) Its one of the few usable and affordable Adobe products. I much prefer it over Aperture.

Yea i have had others over in my Photography Thread to try LR so i have downloaded it. Im afraid after investing over $200 in Aperture that im going to like it and want to change over :(

But i will try it, then at least i can give a true encounter and say NO or YES because i have tried it. But Honestly Aperture does need a Upgrade.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
So if the new iPad is announced on the 22nd, what is the likely street date?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So if the new iPad is announced on the 22nd, what is the likely street date?

I think it will be like the iPhone,in shop in 7-14 days, but you will be able to order it online as soon as the Keynote is done and done, with the first batch to be shipped in 2-4 days, and then as stocks diminish it will shoot up to 2 weeks pretty quick i reckon, being so close to the Christmas Holidays, so if you want one, order ASAP or go into the Store when Tim tells you too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig
I plan on ordering my new iPad as soon as you can pre-order and pick it up at the apple store( no tax in Delaware) I am still mulling over 32 or 64 gig since as I find the more I use it the more uses i do with it and must anticipate app sizes and maybe some pictures?I want this device to last 4-5 years. i just invested in a mobile wifi. Gard! is my first gen so slow compared to the 2nd gen model at the Best Buy store. a thinner, lighter 9.7 iPad has really piqued my interest. i hope they will be available Nov 2nd since that is my first Saturday off after the Oct announcement . Not sure if i want a "gold case if available now that the gold iPhone is referred to as the Kardashian phone- silver tone sounds nice- I had no love for the white and Hubby has Black(space grey?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.