Part of the .5%

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Well ever since the new Update 4.01 my iP4 I am now part of the .5% of users having a terrible iP4 experience, I drop many calls now, the worst part is when I attempt to call someone sometimes they cant hear me and i have to call back 2-3 times until they finally hear me @ the time I usually have 4 to almost full bars. I have had a Bumper since day one, this problem only started after the Update Friday.

I really hope they get all of this mess solved, I also use my phone for Business and it slows me down having to waste time like this..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well ever since the new Update 4.01 my iP4 I am now part of the .5% of users having a terrible iP4 experience, I drop many calls now, the worst part is when I attempt to call someone sometimes they cant hear me and i have to call back 2-3 times until they finally hear me @ the time I usually have 4 to almost full bars. I have had a Bumper since day one, this problem only started after the Update Friday.

I really hope they get all of this mess solved, I also use my phone for Business and it slows me down having to waste time like this..

Unfortunately, it's not the update, it didn't change anything other than how the bars are visually displayed (and a fix to Exchange e-mail connections) so it is not going to cause your signal to degrade.

All you're experiencing is the true visual of the signal you always had before the update.

In this case, it's not the update, it's AT&T's network. You might want to contact them if you're saying your signal was rock solid before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Pro
Maybe it's time to return the phone. Maybe the phone has a problem beyond just the death grip issue and a replacement is in order or get a different phone.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Maybe it's time to return the phone. Maybe the phone has a problem beyond just the death grip issue and a replacement is in order or get a different phone.

I dont think I want a diffrent phone, I would definetly consider another iP4 if this one is faulty... Honestly i love the iPhone 4, I am a loyal Apple customer and i will definetly give Apple plenty of chances to get this straightened out.

Im just praying they didnt go thru all of this conference to stall time for a recall that would be a HUGE mess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Im just praying they didnt go thru all of this conference to stall time for a recall that would be a HUGE mess.

There won't be a recall. There's another thread already discussing this issue.

C

chas_m

Have you tried a complete reset? You say this problem started after you applied the 4.01 update. So it wasn't behaving this way under 4.0 software, is that right?

If it is, I've been told by a number of friends with iPhone 4s that doing a total reset not only clears up that problem, but increases battery life, makes the phone run faster and cures cancer. Okay, I made that last bit up but it's still worth a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.