Installation Disks

Reaction score
anyone know the name of the program for grabbing specific things off of the install disks without doing complete install? i've used it before but it's been a few years and have forgotten the name.:\

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Pacifist is what you're looking for.

Thank goodness for bookmarks.

I forgot it as soon as I read your post. :Blushing:

OP
W
Reaction score
Pacifist is what you're looking for.

Thank goodness for bookmarks.

I forgot it as soon as I read your post. :Blushing:

thanks, i was thinking something like passive - so not too far off i guess. :p getting old sucks man. :\

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
thanks, i was thinking something like passive - so not too far off i guess. :p getting old sucks man. :\

Yeah, all I could think of was "it starts with a P, I think".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
A bit off the topic, but you may know... is there a software programme that if I want to move an application off an external HD to my internal HD, that finds a moves all the application support, preferences, and any other files to restore as it was.
For instance, if I want to move firefox, or mail etc, that it restores it completely as it was. Firefox with bookmarks, plugins, etc/Mail, setup and running with all related files, and so forth?

The reason I ask, is that I want to do a clean install, and then manually move over the apps, documents, pics, music, movies that I want.
With some applications I manage to find everything I need (as tedious as it is) and for some I have no success, and therefore, keep restoring from backup, as I don't want to have to start from scratch with certain applications.

Should I just start a new thread, and see if I have any luck?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.