Apple TV "Doesn't Work"

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm new at this forum, and i've already read all the Apple TV topics.

My problem is that when i connect the ATV to the Internet WiFi Network, it works fine. But, for example, i go to bed, and then i wake up after, i dont know, like 7 hours later, and the AirPlay icon doesn't appear on the iPad 3rd Gen. I tried with an iTouch too, but is the same problem. And neither in the Remote App. I have it with the last Software update.

What it could be? Maybe the Variable IP ?

Thank you. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
The equipment may be disabling the app when it goes to sleep perhaps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Do you have CEC,PBC or ARC enabled as all these are two communication in HDMI and they do control what is connected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
As Pendlewitch aludes to the AppleTV has sleep settings. If the AppleTV goes to sleep then it won't appear on the network and you won't be able to send anything to it via AirPlay.

Have a look in Seittings - General on the AppleTV and change the 'sleep after....' setting to never. and try again

OP
T
Reaction score
The equipment may be disabling the app when it goes to sleep perhaps?

As Pendlewitch aludes to the AppleTV has sleep settings. If the AppleTV goes to sleep then it won't appear on the network and you won't be able to send anything to it via AirPlay.

Have a look in Seittings - General on the AppleTV and change the 'sleep after....' setting to never. and try again

Yes, i have already set the sleeping mode to "never" before creating this post, so the white light is always on, and there are some wallpapers in the screen. But the problem remains...

Do you have CEC,PBC or ARC enabled as all these are two communication in HDMI and they do control what is connected.

What are those CEC, PBC and ARC? I dont know anything about them. Maybe that's the problem... Thank you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's maybe then a network connectivity issue. Try rebooting both the iPad and the Router and also updating the latter's firmware.

I think osxx is referring to settings on your TV and related AV equipment.

The audio return channel setting basically enables you to send audio from your TV to an AV Receiver over HDMI without a separate cable. We don't know how you are connected, for instance my ATV is just plugged into my AV receiver via HDMI.

Consumer electronic control tends to be manufacturer specific whereby one OEM remote effectively controls all that manufacturer's devices (up to ten in a set-up) through HDMI (on my Samsung TV it's called Anynet + and I have it turned off)

Playback control I'm not really familiar with, but it I think it is a way of controlling playback of a video compact disc through an interactive menu which I would imagine is probably steam-powered technology now. I would in any case do as osxx suggests and disable these settings on your TV and other equipment and see what happens as a separate test aside from doing the reboots.

Edit I don't have an iPad but do these have sleep settings which may disconnect from a network?

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you Pendlewitch. My A-TV is plugged via HDMI to my Sony EX525 Led TV. (To one of the 4 HDMI ports in the back). The sound and the video is great, i mean excellent. But the problem is that when i try to connect it via AirPlay, it doesn't work. There is the problem. I think is the Dynamic IP. Because in the iPad sometimes it says that the IP is 111.11.11.06 (example) and in the Apple TV it says 111.11.11.04

But i cant set the Non Dynamic IP, because of the Network service...

Any idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
A DHCP assigned dynamic IP shouldn't be causing an issue. However you may be able allocate a fixed IP from your router. What make and model is it?

Out of interest does the AppleTV lose its network connection? Or do you just lose the ability to send AirPlay requests to it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have it with the last Software update.

Also, please could you confirm which version of ATV and which version of software that you have ?

OP
T
Reaction score
A DHCP assigned dynamic IP shouldn't be causing an issue. However you may be able allocate a fixed IP from your router. What make and model is it?

Nisuta NS-WIR150 NE

Out of interest does the AppleTV lose its network connection? Or do you just lose the ability to send AirPlay requests to it?

Also, please could you confirm which version of ATV and which version of software that you have ?

Apple TV 3rd. Generation
Model MD199LL/A
Software 5.0.2 (4250)

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok Thank you.
Your ATV appears up to date. mrplow asks if your ATV is actually losing it's connection ?

Here is a link to the manual http://www.nisuta.com/pdf/NSWIR150NE.pdf

Do a firmware update as described in 12.5 and reboot

OP
T
Reaction score
Reboot means to "Restart" it? Sorry, i'm from Argentina. Here, we speak spanish... I forgot mrplow´s question. No. Actually is not losing connection. Every time i use it with the remote control, it works perfectley. But the AirPlay function is the one that crash. I just lose the ability to send AirPlay requests to it.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reboot means to "Restart" it? Sorry, i'm from Argentina. Here, we speak spanish... I forgot mrplow´s question. No. Actually is not losing connection. Every time i use it with the remote control, it works perfectley. But the AirPlay function is the one that crash. I just lose the ability to send AirPlay requests to it.

Thank you.

Yes Tomy_11 Reboot is Restart and no apology is needed, I am from England and your English is excellent and better than some people born here:)

It's as well that you make sure that everything is up to date in order to eliminate potential causes.
If it's the Airplay function then mrplow is onto something I think.

OP
T
Reaction score
Sure! Let's wait to MrPlow´s idea. But why MrPlow? Is He like an eminence here? Sorry if eminence is not the correct word... Thank you"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure! Let's wait to MrPlow´s idea. But why MrPlow? Is He like an eminence here? Sorry if eminence is not the correct word... Thank you"

LMAO

Eminence .... Hmmm....... No not me. I just spend a lot of time messing with networks an Apple TVs. Oh and Pendlewith is very gracious ;)

Did the router firmware update go ok?

Is you wifi channel set to something specific or auto? Either way try changing it to something a few channels away from where it is now.

What version of iOS is on your iPad and iPod touch?

Also, assuming you have a Mac or PC can your 'see' the AppleTV as an airplay device in iTunes? Before and after you lose connect from your other devices

OP
T
Reaction score
Router firmware update, ok.

I dont know what is a wifi channel... Maybe the ports that are on the back of the router? So i dont know what to change from where is now.

iOS 5.1.1

Mac and PC. And No, i when i lose the airplay function on the ipod or the ipad, i lose it on the mac and in the pc too. No Airplay options on them.

Thank you... :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The wifi channel is what your router broadcasts on. Like a radio frequency. It's configured by logging into the router it'll be with the other wifi settings as per the manual PW linked to.

Change it and see how it goes.

If you still have no luck can you temporarily connect your router to your ATV with a cable?

OP
T
Reaction score
Guys, i have tested the Apple TV with the Ethernet Cable, and it works perfectly. The problem is with the WiFi. Any configuration?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
But why MrPlow? Is He like an eminence here? Sorry if eminence is not the correct word... Thank you"

Sorry but this made me LOL . . . . . No he isnt but does know his stuff when it comes to the ATV

Guys, i have tested the Apple TV with the Ethernet Cable, and it works perfectly. The problem is with the WiFi. Any configuration?

A silly question as i didnt see it posted anywhere, BUT do you have Airplay enabled on the ATV ??
As with Wi-Fi do you have another Router to try ??

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, of course. When i press the connect to a wifi network and i put the password, it connects right. But after an hour, or a few hours, i have to connect it again to use the AirPlay function. But i have internet at every time. If i can, i'll do a video. Hope you understand ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.