Wanting to use comments w/ iWeb & Peronal Domain/Web Server

Reaction score
I'm in a pretty strange situation. I purchased iLife08 specifically to use with a personal domain/host provider I bought a few months ago. The problem is, I just found out that there is no sort of commenting feature on the blog I created without using a .mac account. I have moved over seas and am mainly using the site to blog and keep in touch with friends and family. I don't know much about advanced html but I do know how to copy and paste code :D . Is there any possible way for people to comment on my blogs created in iWeb without a .mac account. I don't really want it to be ghetto or difficult for my family to figure out. Anyone have any ideas? The help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
If you want to use a blog that you basically have to know no HTML coding try out https://www.blogger.com/start. I have used it in the past, it's simple and straight forward.

For the domain name/server: try 2stickshosting.com & they offer free blog hosting with any hosting plans. Domains are also cheap the 1st year.

OP
P
Reaction score
If you want to use a blog that you basically have to know no HTML coding try out https://www.blogger.com/start. I have used it in the past, it's simple and straight forward.

For the domain name/server: try 2stickshosting.com & they offer free blog hosting with any hosting plans. Domains are also cheap the 1st year.

I already purchased a host/domain from bluehost. I planned on using Wordpress to do my journals but for some reason it doesn't recognized Japanese characters. It just puts ??? in its place. I want to use iWeb08 with Bluehost provider and I can do everything perfectly, except people can't comment on my blogs. I'm sure everyone knows you can't comment without a .mac account. I want to know how I can get around that. Is there any kind of HTML snippit or widget I can use to allow people to comment on my blog? or... if I can't do that. Can someone please tell me why Wordpress is not supporting Japanese characters.

Reaction score
I am not sure. I have never used .mac or iWeb or Wordpress.

One of my clients uses Wordpress but he hasn't got his blog set back up yet for me to see how it works.

For the Japanese characters, maybe Wordpress is missing a language pack or something.

Sorry, I can't be of more help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.