Attention Ladies - computers aren't just for guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
My wife decided to sell her iMac and get a MacBook for portability. We picked up a white one along with a pink MacStyles skin and a clear Bookshell protection case. Who says computers are for male geeks only? Here are the results...

MacBook closed

MacBook open (inside)

MacBook closed (outside)

She does photography on the side and MacStyles was able to hook us up with a really nice camera decal for the lid. We have a MacStyles lid sticker and a MacStyles MacPad for the wrist area. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.macstyles.com/

To protect it, we ordered a Bookshell protector. Originally we were going to get a Techshell, but the clear ones are always sold out. My only gripe about the Bookshell is that they have their logo right under the light-up Apple on the lid; we peeled off the sticker but you can still see the indentation where it was positioned. Here's their site:

http://www.macessity.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=29794

As for the rest of it, it's the 2.16ghz Core 2 Duo model with the DVD burner. We added 3 gigs of ram from OWC and a 200gb 7200rpm Hitachi hard drive from XPC Gear. It's a very effective replacement for her Intel iMac! For backup she uses a 2.5" 250gb 5400rpm Western Digital hard drive inside a Mercury enclosure, also from OWC. We are setting up the backup drive with OS X installed on it, then having SuperDuper clone the internal hard drive to file on the backup drive. That way it can copy 100% of the hard drive quickly every day using an incremental backup plus if the internal drive has any problems we can boot to OS X using the external drive and clone her SuperDuper backup right back over. Very simple and easy way to ensure that her computer will always have a failsafe backup! We also use Mozy, a $5 a month service that backs up your data online (unlimited storage space). It works in the background so it never clogs up her computer. Just an extra layer of protection in case her computer breaks or gets stolen or whatever. Here's a link to Mozy:

http://mozy.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook; 80gig HDD; 1gb Ram; iLife '08; Mac:Office; Firefox!
If someone tried to tell me computer geekism is just for guys.....well....there'd be problems!!!

I love my computers...building my own PC's for about 7 years now, servicing all of them including family issues (no one learns how to keep the spam away) and have 2 laptops, macbook, and sony vaio.

5 computers in my home networked both wired and wireless.

And cant forget the PPC in my bag soon to be replaced by an iphone

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
omg..... do not put your macbook on the bed, it will overheat........i done that when i first got my macbook and it got so dam hot....... when you put it on the bed the fans are being blocked so it will overheat

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
omg..... do not put your macbook on the bed, it will overheat........i done that when i first got my macbook and it got so dam hot....... when you put it on the bed the fans are being blocked so it will overheat

Yeah, discovered that with my first 13" MacBook last year. Sucker gets toasty!

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
If someone tried to tell me computer geekism is just for guys.....well....there'd be problems!!!

I love my computers...building my own PC's for about 7 years now, servicing all of them including family issues (no one learns how to keep the spam away) and have 2 laptops, macbook, and sony vaio.

5 computers in my home networked both wired and wireless.

And cant forget the PPC in my bag soon to be replaced by an iphone

:p

It's funny when my wife gets home from work. She hops on her computer and she's like...I have nothing to do...I already did it on my iPhone...lol.

Reaction score
Looks great.....my cousin wanted a mac and as stupid as she sounds she didn't want a lappy unless it was pink.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.