What Graphic Design Software Do You Use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
What Graphic Design and/or 3D Design Software Do You Use?

I use Cinema 4d. I wish I had Xara 3D, but they dont make a Mac version. I've emailed them before and they said they weren't planning on making version. So I emailed them back just saying that they should definitely reconsider making a Mac version! I haven't gotten an email back since though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Aaaaaarrggghhhh! My eyes! My eyes! That font color… so sooo… blindingly bad!

C

chas_m

You weren't wearing 3D glasses when you read it, apparently Bob. :)

To the OP: I'm not sure that "graphic design" is the common term (at least in the Mac community) for 3D programs like Cinema4D. I think the common term is, um, well, 3D design.

There are many 3D design programs available for the Mac, ranging from architectural to landscapes to character modelling. Here's a quick list of some options.

A lot of companies that swore they'd never go Mac have reconsidered over the past few years, so maybe Xara will "see the light" at some point. If they don't, every Mac sold today is more than capable of running Windows so you could just go that route.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Graphic design or 3D modeling? For design I use the Adobe Creative Suite (CS5.5 Design Premium at work, CS5 Master Collection at home). Oh, and Lightroom for a lot of my photography work.
I don't have any 3D modeling software apart from Blender but I never really got the hang of it. I'd like to learn 3D but don't want to put in the hard yards O:)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You weren't wearing 3D glasses when you read it, apparently Bob. :)

To the OP: I'm not sure that "graphic design" is the common term (at least in the Mac community) for 3D programs like Cinema4D. I think the common term is, um, well, 3D design.

There are many 3D design programs available for the Mac, ranging from architectural to landscapes to character modelling. Here's a quick list of some options.

A lot of companies that swore they'd never go Mac have reconsidered over the past few years, so maybe Xara will "see the light" at some point. If they don't, every Mac sold today is more than capable of running Windows so you could just go that route.

How could you not go mac! I absolutely love my mac! I don't think I ever want to go back to pc's and windows!

Reaction score
I use Photoshop CS4 and Aperture for design; for 3D modeling i use Zbrush 4 and Sculptris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac, 15" Macbook Pro 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
I use CS5 for design. Cinema 4D, Lightwave and some Maya for 3D. Lightroom for photography. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I use CS5 for design. Cinema 4D, Lightwave and some Maya for 3D. Lightroom for photography. :)

awesome ya i might get cs5 soon. cinema 4d is just really difficult to use and is for experts. thats why they either made xara 3d for mac or had some equivalent

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.