iPad help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20"
I have found a new wrinkle that I can't deal with, which is not much of a surprise. My iPad App, will download with the apple id that is registered to my iMac and iPad, but when an update comes in for one of the applications, it uses a gmail address that was deleted over a year ago, I don't know the password or how it got on my month old iPad, except it must have been stored on the iMac. Anyway, How do I get rid of it and get it synced to the same address? nearly nutz!! :'( Hope someone has an answer. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'm trying to understand what you're getting at...
Your Apple ID is using an old e-mail addie and you want to change it? - Open iTunes, sign into your account and you can change your personal info in there.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20"
tried that, it can be changed to whatever email and when the update on iPad applications window comes open it will still have the old gmail add. and with no way to change it that I can figure out. When I download an app from the app. store the window opens to my "now" apple id. thanks for your response.

C

chas_m

The app that wants to update was purchased under an old (and probably different) iTunes account tied to that email. If you don't remember the password, then you're out of luck -- delete the app and re-buy it using your new account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
The app that wants to update was purchased under an old (and probably different) iTunes account tied to that email. If you don't remember the password, then you're out of luck -- delete the app and re-buy it using your new account.

I'd recommend trying to contact Apple first about it just in case they're willing to help. If not, this might be your only option. Oh, did you register a backup address with your gmail account, for you to have your password forwarded to?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.