Apple Store getting hammered, offline again. Anyone get a pre-order???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I tried several times and even made it to the page to select the which iPads I wanted (it said limit 2 per person) but then it finally died again.Now the standard "we'll be back soon" message is up. Also tried the app and got just as far before getting an all white screen, and now that's all I get after several restarts.

Anyone actually get an order in, or is everyone missing out right now?

I guess I'll keep pounding on the old refresh button... beats standing in a line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
The maintenance screen started coming up during the presentation. I've been trying since they started showing the retina display without any luck.

Reaction score
I got to the point where I had my iPad selected...when I hit continue on the right side bar...it stopped there. As of now, I have not got one preordered yet...the store is back down.

Reaction score
It is supposedly processing my payment right now, but taking forever! We'll see if I get an order confirmation in the next few minutes.

EDIT:

Thank You

Guess it's done!
mathews_grin.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

is all I get now.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it was quite a battle, but I think I have an order in. I was trying on two browsers: IE and Firefox. I got an order through on IE for two of the 32GB black wifi models. But the funny thing was the Firefox order for one also went through after that. I haven't gotten an email confirm on the second order, so maybe they'll catch the issue and cancel the second order. Either way, I'm hoping to have a little box of joy on my doorstep next Friday!

I got two: one for me and one for the fiance. If she doesn't want hers (fat chance!) I'll return it to my local store or put it up for sale.

My only advice to everyone else is keep refreshing and use multiple browsers, or clear history. Firefox kept telling me the store was down even as I was processing an order in IE!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I just got through about 20 minutes ago and just received my email, so keep at it!

Reaction score
Well it was quite a battle, but I think I have an order in. I was trying on two browsers: IE and Firefox. I got an order through on IE for two of the 32GB black wifi models. But the funny thing was the Firefox order for one also went through after that. I haven't gotten an email confirm on the second order, so maybe they'll catch the issue and cancel the second order. Either way, I'm hoping to have a little box of joy on my doorstep next Friday!

I got two: one for me and one for the fiance. If she doesn't want hers (fat chance!) I'll return it to my local store or put it up for sale.

My only advice to everyone else is keep refreshing and use multiple browsers, or clear history. Firefox kept telling me the store was down even as I was processing an order in IE!

Thanks for the hint with multiple browsers. I tried Chrome before and didn't get far. Opened Safari and Firefox additionally and tried in all three at the same time. Just finished on Chrome. No confirmation email yet, but I see the "Thank you" message with order number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I got through and saw a thank you when the store went live earlier this afternoon. I looked at my account and I see my order is processing. It was dog slow and I had to hit buttons several times before it went through. Basically I hit the button and go the spinning wheel. The spinning wheel would go away and the button would come back. That is what I hit again. Hopefully I didn't order a bunch of them (My Accounts shows only 1) - but if I did - I may have some iPad 3s to get rid of :)

Reaction score
I just got mine ordered! Took awhile, but not nearly as long as I have experienced before trying to order a new iPhone:) Hope the rest of you are able to get thru! It says it will be delivered to my door on March 16th! That sure beats standing in long, long lines!!!

Reaction score
I got through and saw a thank you when the store went live earlier this afternoon. I looked at my account and I see my order is processing. It was dog slow and I had to hit buttons several times before it went through. Basically I hit the button and go the spinning wheel. The spinning wheel would go away and the button would come back. That is what I hit again. Hopefully I didn't order a bunch of them (My Accounts shows only 1) - but if I did - I may have some iPad 3s to get rid of :)

When I finally got to my cart it said I had 16 iPads in it! lol I guess from all the going backward and forward trying to get it to process! I was able to quickly change to 1 iPad! haha

Y'all stick with it, just about the time you are ready to give up it will go thru!!!

Reaction score
It looks like I just may have gotten my order in. When it reads "We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly. Please note that your order is subject to Apple’s Sales and Refund policy." on the screen, is that confirmation that the order has gone through? Thanks for the help!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
This was 100x less painless than the disaster of trying to get an iPad 2 last year. I'm glad Apple let us pre-order the iPad and have it on launch day. I don't really care for going to Best Buy and taking a chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
I still have not managed to pre order mine ! Im in the UK and the store is still down.

Reaction score
It looks like I just may have gotten my order in. When it reads "We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly. Please note that your order is subject to Apple’s Sales and Refund policy." on the screen, is that confirmation that the order has gone through? Thanks for the help!

I figured out this message at the top does mean the order has gone through.

Reaction score
i ordered the ipad 2 on launch last year. i am going to wait this year to see if the improvement makes that big of a difference.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

If you got there, there should also have been an orderr number below that. At that point you have an order in their system and I think you're good to go!

Congrats!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just got my order in, 32gb 4G LTE model w/ AppleCare. I liked the fact that AppleCare will cover accidental damage for $49 a pop. I have 3 teenagers. Still promising the 16th.

Reaction score
I got up to the processing stage of the purchase and im still waiting for the email. Does delivers on March 16th means that i will have it that day? or it will ship on that day?

Reaction score
I got up to the processing stage of the purchase and im still waiting for the email. Does delivers on March 16th means that i will have it that day? or it will ship on that day?

As far as I know it means it will ship then. You should have it a day or two after (going off previous pre-orders I've made with Apple).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.