windows support software download Problem

Reaction score
Just got the new MBA OS x 10.7.1. Started the Boot Camp to install Win7 through USB flash. I have checked the last two boxes (download the latest windows support software + Install Win7). Then clicked continue to save the files on an external drive and chose to save it on flashdrive again. Clicked continue then got this message "Cant install windows support software because you are not connected to the internet" although i am connected through WIFI and have checked that to make sure I am.

In any case I went ahead to install WIN7 without the support files and drivers. All installed fine but of course none of the deceives worked as drivers are missing. How can I download the Windows support files if the boot camp says I am not connected to internet?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try again but this time save the Windows 7 support files in a folder on your MBA SD. Afterward, you can transfer them to the flash drive to install with Windows 7 running. Let us know if this works.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, I guess the main problem is that I cant download them at all. It gives me a message that I am not connected to the internet while I am

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't understand that error and clearly if you're connected, you should be able to download. It may have something to do with the new MBA. Time to give Apple support a call..... Let them know exactly what's going on.

OP
B
Reaction score
OK, got it all figured!! Apparently the WiFi does not work when trying to download this file (although it is still connected to other services). I was curious enough to buy a USB Ethernet adapter just to try and it worked. Now I must mention another word of caution, during download action you might be fooled by the very long time to format your USB flash and the download time for the support file. The file is around 700MB so it is not a small file.

Reaction score
OK, got it all figured!! Apparently the WiFi does not work when trying to download this file (although it is still connected to other services). I was curious enough to buy a USB Ethernet adapter just to try and it worked. Now I must mention another word of caution, during download action you might be fooled by the very long time to format your USB flash and the download time for the support file. The file is around 700MB so it is not a small file.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I was having the same problem on my Mid '11 T-bolt iMac and this fixed the problem. Hooked up an ethernet cable and it downloaded with no problem. Again thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.