Need a media center-like app specifically for PHOTO SLIDESHOWS

Reaction score
I need an app that will let me view images in a decent slideshow mode from a location on another computer. The "multimedia" servers I've tried in the past have all had really terrible photo support. I want something that will work especially well with photos - i.e., no having to load each image as they come, starting off with a blown up version of the thumbnail and then taking a few seconds to load the full image, and by the time it's loaded it's time for the next image in the slideshow. Is there anything that will let me do this? It doesn't even really have to be an app, to be honest; it could be web-based as well, as long as it lets me view them in automatic slideshow form.

C

chas_m

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence of this post at all. Could you clarify that?

As for a web-based slideshow, why not give Flickr a try? Costs nothing but a little time to set up a free membership, upload a few sample photos and see what the slideshow is like. Might meet your needs.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Why not setup the machine as a web server and install a gallery web app? You could try something like the aptly named Gallery or Plogger.

OP
W
Reaction score
I tried both of those and couldn't figure out how to set either of them up with my files. There's over 3000 images, and they don't seem to want to import them at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.