Cant run repair disk permissions?!

Reaction score
Well my mac got grey screened again and it seemed like safeboot wasnt working so i ran my disk utilities running my osx cd when i select my hard drive the button for repair disk permissions is grayed out and i cant xlick it all i can do is verify disk permissions. Someone pls help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Make sure you're selecting the drive icon in that list and not the HD icon itself!

Hope this helps

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Could be that it hasn't un-mounted properly, have you tried a reboot?

- Simon

OP
S
Reaction score
Yup rebooted and still the same. Was think about just erasing everything will that be an easy solution?? Cause i dobt have much on there and just put everthing important on a flashdrive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Yup rebooted and still the same. Was think about just erasing everything will that be an easy solution?? Cause i dobt have much on there and just put everthing important on a flashdrive

Yes that would be a easy solution. You should try it if you have all of your important files backed up.

Good luck!

- Kyle

OP
S
Reaction score
Just one more question guys. Do i juat erase from the disk utilities and can i just do the simple erase or the 7 or 35 erase?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Boot from the install disc, select language and go into Utilities in the Menu Bar, select Disk Utility > Erase and run that and a simple erase should suffice if not much has been on the disk, back to the Installer and proceed from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.