Problem printing wirlessly with Mac Pro

Reaction score
Recently bought a Mac Pro. Everything was going well until I tried to print over the wireless network. With some difficulty I managed to see the printer on the network and even managed to communicate with it. The problem is that when I print I just get a pages of jibberish code printed out that I don't understand. Have updated all drivers ect. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5GHz 2GB Mem
Is printer driver PC(windows)?

is your printer driver PC(windows)?

It sounds like you are trying to share a printer that is installed with PC (windows) driver.

I tried that once before when I had a printer set up in windows desktop environment.

Like you, I could communicate and share the printer but it was just printing pages of codes...

Later I decided to just use separate printer since I had two different OS computer.

just a thought.

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for the reply

I did think it might have been a network issue but all the computers are running OS X. Its odd, I have a Mac mini Printing to it through the wireless network with no problems. There is only a problem with my new mac pro. Been trying to find some simple reason that i might have overlooked but cant think of anything

Hmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
thanks for the reply

I did think it might have been a network issue but all the computers are running OS X. Its odd, I have a Mac mini Printing to it through the wireless network with no problems. There is only a problem with my new mac pro. Been trying to find some simple reason that i might have overlooked but cant think of anything

Hmm
Are you running Tiger or Leopard on your Mac Pro? I know HP had to update the drivers for some printers after the release of Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.