iPad 2s receiving Activation Locks

Reaction score
My company does Managed Services for a site that has over 70 iPads. (mix of iPad2s, Airs.)

Recently the iPad2s have been receiving activation locks and we have to constantly keep unlocking them.

Does anyone know how these iPads keep getting activation locks and how do I prevent this from happening?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

An iPad will normally lock after so much time and may require a passcode to get back into it. We have no idea how your company manages services for those iPads. Obviously something has changed since this is a recent thing. You need to determine what it was that changed so that the iPads can once again be used without locking. An individual iPad can be set not to lock by going into "Settings" (depending on version of iOS).

OP
F
Reaction score
I am not talking about a screen lock, it's an activation lock where I have to put to eneter in the order to use the iPad normally.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I am not talking about a screen lock, it's an activation lock where I have to put to eneter in the order to use the iPad normally.

My answer is still the same... what changed that caused all those iPads to develop activation lock? Again, we have no idea how you're managing them - obviously you're doing it remotely. The three suggestions given you by member "IWT" will work on individual iPads but doing that for over 70 iPads and remotely is not practical.

OP
F
Reaction score
IWT, thanks for the suggestions, however I cannot turn off the Find My iPad setting because the owner of the site has requested that it be kept on in case the iPads ever go missing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.