canon printer problem

Reaction score
Help I bought a canon pixma mp280 as i had compatibility issues with my previous printer. It was fine for 6 months but now I keep getting a support code 306 communication error. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, turning on and off, deleting and re-adding the printer, reinstalling the drivers, different cable.
Mac book pro Mac OSX 10.7.5.
Any ideas?
:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, looks like you've done about everything - checked the Canon website and did not find a 'new' firmware update for your model & OS X version - deleting & re-adding the printer in Preferences will often correct the issue but seems not have solved your problem.

I believe the warranty for these printers is 90 days unless you purchased an extended one - might want to check into that possibility and/or check w/ Canon support? Good luck & please let us know - I have a new Canon inkjet printer (now 6 months old). Dave :)

OP
R
Reaction score
No extended warranty unfortunately and canon have been no help! At a friends suggestion bought an "expensive" cable for printer to mac and hey presto its working again. Apparently some of the supermarket cheap cables are temperamental and its worth paying more for good quality cables. I will let you know if it stays fixed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
No extended warranty unfortunately and canon have been no help! At a friends suggestion bought an "expensive" cable for printer to mac and hey presto its working again. Apparently some of the supermarket cheap cables are temperamental and its worth paying more for good quality cables. I will let you know if it stays fixed!

Great news! Congrats - yep some of those cheap cables can be bothersome - just another 'thing' to check on a troubleshooting list - :) Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.