• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What was the 1st thread you started here in M-F ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just curious as to what peoples first thread that they started here in M-F. Did you get here by googling a question and it bought you here ?? Or have you heard about this site from a friend.

Mine was to do with converting video files. Converting MP4 video to burn onto DVD I had only had my White MB 2 days, and i stumbled upon M-F when i tried to google the answer. Signed up posted my thread and within no time at all, friend Kevriano came through with a answer for me.

HandBrake.

Thankyou M-F you have been invaluable to me and my transition :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Mine was Does anybody know how to stop permission repairs reporting things to ignore?
LOL, even though it was a solution to a problem I was having, rather than asking for a solution, notice NO REPLIES :D
Funny enough, I double posted a couple of days later with the suid file problem, and got replies.... 2 replies from myself!
Resolved ACL issue
Thanks 6string ;P

Thankyou M-F you have been invaluable to me and my transition
Seriously though, I have learned so much here, and definitely received much invaluable help here, and learnt more than I ever thought I would about Macs, OS X, other OSs and software, and computers in general.
Some people are addicted to facebook, drugs, sex, etc, and as much as I love a coffee and cig in the morning, a beer at night, and sex anytime, this is my addiction :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Brilliant... great thread! Sheesh, you've come a long way since then my friend :)

Yeah, I just read through it - what a blast from the past.

What I find really interesting is how ignorant I was of the Mac... but then if you go in a few pages, I can't believe how quickly I seemed to pick up on everything. That was a fun time.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Brilliant... great thread! Sheesh, you've come a long way since then my friend :)

Yes he has hasn’t he..... And this is why i created this thread to see, especially the older members (member time in M-F) where they started and where they are now. As regulars we tend to know what members now no, likes and dislikes and to see where they 1st started off is pretty cool.

What made me laugh Kane is your 1st two threads didn’t receive a single post apart from your own while cwa had 8 pages in his. Back on the 21st Dec 2006 ....
Keep posting people :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What made me laugh Kane is your 1st two threads didn’t receive a single post apart from your own while cwa had 8 pages in his.

Yeah.... I wasn't really feelin the love at the time LOL

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yeah.... I wasn't really feelin the love at the time LOL

Glad you weren't discouraged. I know a lot of people feel slighted when they don't get a reply. The truth is, I "cherry pick" a lot of the threads I respond to. I'd rather give answers I'm certain of, then send someone down the wrong path. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd rather give answers I'm certain of, then send someone down the wrong path.

Ditto to that. Quality over quantity dont they say

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I believe the first thread I started was about a month after becoming a member. I'd just finished reading a couple responses to questions from what I still call "fanboys", e.g. those whose only response was "Macs are better", but really have no solid answer as to why. So, I had to rant a little bit.

Mac zealots - Better? - Think not, Just different

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I don't know what threat I first started. Cause under my forum user profile it only stores your 500 most recently started topics. And I've started more then 500 this year alone. So if someone can get info on every topic I've started to tell me my first one that'd be cool, if not then I'm out of luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Nice topic everyone. Some very interesting first topics everyone made. But how do I find out my first topic I ever made?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Nice topic everyone. Some very interesting first topics everyone made. But how do I find out my first topic I ever made?

Up until you have over 500 that are over a year old, you can:

Advanced Search - put your name in the
User Name box and make sure it's set to Find Threads Started by User.

Find Posts from: change 'Any Date' to 'A Year Ago' - change 'And Newer' to 'And Older'

After you hit that over 500 mark, don't know of a way - can't go back that far on mine. Even though, I think besides mod stuff, I'm still under 50 new threads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.