My iMac is on the truck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" "new" aluminum iMac, 2.66 Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 640GB HDD
After being a PC user for 15+ years I have seen the light and ordered a new iMac. I have checked this morning and it on the FedEx truck in my area ready to be delivered. I will be, hopefully, having a good weekend learning to use it and enjoying the Mac experience everyone boasts about.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
Congratulations. Hopefully you'll have a fantastic time. Remember though that some things you want to do will not work the same as in Windows. It's not just a new machine, its a whole new operating system that works differently.

Since switching to a macbook last october I've loved every minute, and can't see myself going back to Windows now! These forums are great, but I'd advise you do a search of things if you need to find anything out. Most 'switcher' questions have been asked before and I myself have been caught out by this a few times!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Congratulations on your new purchase!!

I'm sure you're going to really enjoy the experience. As was mentioned before, it's a very different way of doing everything due to the different thought process in how the OS is designed and used.

I have had great pleasure in my switch and if I could get my work to buy me a mac to use at my office, I would.

If you've searched thru the forums at all, I'm sure you've seen this, but incase it hasn't come up, I (like many others) STRONGLY recommend you look into getting:

Amazon.com: Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual: David Pogue: Books

You can get it online (I got mine at a local borders store tho) - it's a wonderful book that works as both a learning guide and a reference. Well written, tons of information - a great addition to help you get more proficient with osx!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
ah the joys of waiting for the delivery man :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Then for another look these are great - check here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
ah the joys of waiting for the delivery man :D

Joys? lol, I had my aluminum MB delivered on Thursday. I was flipping out, like, "*** WHERE IS THE GUY" because he took til 2:30 (says before 3, but come on). There was a fedex dude in my parking lot at 930am after it says it was put on a truck for delivery at 8:30 that morning, so I freaked out. Alas, my new toy is here. I'm glad I get to use my new toy. This thing smokes my dual 2ghz G5, and it's a laptop. What a great little machine. I feel like it's almost too nice for me, even though I paid for it. Pretty awesome.

Enjoy your iMac, OP. My next desktop will probably be an iMac. But first, my MBP next year when they come out with quad cores haha. Then Ill give this little beauty to my fiancee. She's already expressed interest in buying one. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" "new" aluminum iMac, 2.66 Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 640GB HDD
Received my new iMac at 9:30 PM! The Fedex truck had broken down and he had to get a new truck. BTW, typing this on the new iMac:Cool: I have to say it was worth it. What would take me days on a PC, I was literally done setting up in a few hours, everyone in the family has a login, updates installed, printer installed etc...

I am loving it and can't believe how long I suffered with a PC. Unfortunately I still have to use PC's at work (on top of that I am IT). Any other links to good stuff for me to check it will be appreciated. Thx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminium Unibody 2.0GHz (Late 2008)
Received my new iMac at 9:30 PM!...I am loving it and can't believe how long I suffered with a PC....

Yay! Congratulations! I'm a mac noob too hehe :). My Macbook was delivered last week on Thursday. I woke up early on delivery day and just sat for a long while, on edge, waiting for the doorbell to ring! Kept pointlessly refreshing the tracking webpage too on my Windows laptop (eewww), even though I knew the next update would be when I signed for the package, lol. I fell asleep again, before the doorbell rang and woke me up - yay!

Now that I have a macbook and am using OS X, I don't understand why I didn't jump on the bandwagon a long time ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If you are keen to "Get under the Hood/Bonnet and get your hands dirty" look here . Be careful it is powerful and make sure you have a Back Up before getting into heavy stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I'm glad you're enjoying your toy. I'm finally getting to use leopard a year after I installed it onto (thus killing) my g5 powermac. That sucked. This macbok is l337.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Well, hope you really enjoy your new system :) The first few days involve a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it you will be loving life ;p

Remember, any question/concern you may have, post it here and you will get really good answers. We have a nice community :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.