Upgrade RAM Macbook late 2009

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you very much Nick! I'm sorry but I'm from Italy and it would be cheaper and faster for me if I bought them from amazon.it
Anyhow, I realized I made a mistake when I pasted the links. Please check out and tell me if those are compatible with my macbook.

Thank you again

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thank you very much Nick! I'm sorry but I'm from Italy and it would be cheaper and faster for me if I bought them from amazon.it
Anyhow, I realized I made a mistake when I pasted the links. Please check out and tell me if those are compatible with my macbook.

Thank you again

Sorry...I didn't realize you were in Italy. I took a look at the links...but my Italian (language) is not so good!;) Sorry.

What you can do is:

- go to the links that I provided for OWC and Crucial
- from each site identify what the correct ram is for your computer (each site has an easy system for this)
- check out the specs for the ram
- then compare this info to the ram that you identified from Amazon.com

HTH,:)

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
No problem at all! Thank you very much Nick! I just have some final questions.

- Is there any difference among brands? I mean as long as they have the same characteristics (DDR3, pin, volt, timing etc) they are pretty much the same, are they not?
- Are 4gb rams already obsolete? I don't use softwares that require a lot of ram.

Thank you again

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
- Is there any difference among brands? I mean as long as they have the same characteristics (DDR3, pin, volt, timing etc) they are pretty much the same, are they not?

I don't think so...or at least it's very hard to know. When I buy ram...I usually like to purchase it from a place that includes a lifetime warranty in case something goes wrong.

- Are 4gb rams already obsolete? I don't use softwares that require a lot of ram.

How much total ram are you talking about upgrading to?

- 8gig of ram (2 x 4gig)?
- 4gig of ram (2 x 2gig)?

* Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.