Best External HDD for MBP 13"

Reaction score
I just want to know which one is the best one to get. I've been having some problems with my mac slowing down and what not. So I want to keep all my important files and do a System Restore to hopefully remove all the problems. (I've had my MBP for 2weeks...) So anyways, best External Harddrive, I'm looking for anywhere from 300-500GB. Thanks in Advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Anything from Seagate or Western Digital.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OP
M
Reaction score
Is it possible to find a Firewire Hard Drive in a store, or does it have to be online?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Is it possible to find a Firewire Hard Drive in a store, or does it have to be online?

Sure, you just have to keep a keen eye out as they tend to be more expensive and most consumers don't care about the difference (usually PC users). Unfortunately, USB's effective transfer rates make it significantly slower. If you want something closer to the speeds of an internal drive, a FW800 drive would be the best choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.