Screwdriver to open MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" macbook pro (2010) 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 Gb RAM, 500GB HD.
I hear I need a PH #00 to open a macbook pro to replace the HD.

I'm not sure if that's an american measurement or term, but what would I ask/look for at my local hardware store(UK)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
As 6string has pointed out Maplins!! That is where I got my set from, I got a set about 2 years ago from there (Derby store), cost about £7.99 lasted me this whole time contained Philips, Torx and Flat Headed screwdrivers. Really good buy. Had quite a few different Macs open using them.
Even had my Xbox 360 open using them when I got the red-ring-of-death. Fixed it in no time :D

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
A set of jewelers screwdrivers will also work. The same screws are used in eyeglasses, watches, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 with 3.33Ghz 6-core, and 16GB RAM
The tools above are all key... if you also are interested in keeping the MBP case look good without cuts / dents from opening it up, you may also want to get a set of plastic or nylon wedge tools, especially a "spudger." Should only cost equivalent of about $5.00.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The tools above are all key... if you also are interested in keeping the MBP case look good without cuts / dents from opening it up, you may also want to get a set of plastic or nylon wedge tools, especially a "spudger." Should only cost equivalent of about $5.00.
Or a guitar pick if you have one :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.