iPhone 3G help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple lle 64 kb RAM
So, my hard drive crashed about two weeks ago on my iMac and I had to have it replaced. I didnt have an external hard drive to back-up all of my files, music, apps etc. When I plug my phone into the computer and iTunes goes to sync it tells me that if I sync it the phone will lose all of the information on my iPhone and it will be replaced with whats on my iTunes. Is there anyway to keep all of my apps, music and pics?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 5,5
So, my hard drive crashed about two weeks ago on my iMac and I had to have it replaced. I didnt have an external hard drive to back-up all of my files, music, apps etc. When I plug my phone into the computer and iTunes goes to sync it tells me that if I sync it the phone will lose all of the information on my iPhone and it will be replaced with whats on my iTunes. Is there anyway to keep all of my apps, music and pics?

Apps - Just download them again through iTunes since you've already paid for them it will be free.
Music - Download a tool called Senuti (iTunes backwards, easy way to remember it) it will allow you to import the music from your iPhone onto your iMac's HDD.
Pictures - Open up iPhoto and use the import function to get all your pictures back onto your HDD.

This method may be quite long winded but it's also the safest way of not losing any of your content.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.