Little help needed

Reaction score
Hey guys long time reader first time poster. I have owned a macbook pro for the past 4 years. I think it is the 2.2 GHz intel core 2 duo. I got it back in 2007.

So over the years the computer has become pretty full hard drive wise and consequently i have bought a external hard drive to store some stuff on but it is getting to the stage where it is totally full and running quite slow.

Ok so my brother has just come home with a brand new macbook pro, and i am currently very jealous, it also came with the cd with the 10.6.7 update. So my question is can i load this up on my mac and essentially start from the start. All the important things i have made copies of but is this possible freeing up memory etc

Anything will help

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ok so my brother has just come home with a brand new macbook pro, and i am currently very jealous, it also came with the cd with the 10.6.7 update. So my question is can i load this up on my mac and essentially start from the start. All the important things i have made copies of but is this possible freeing up memory etc

You can't use the OEM install disc that ships with another Mac. They are very specific to the model they came with and will not work on anything else. Why not just pick up the retail copy? It's 29 bucks? But upgrading won't necessarily make things faster for you, and it certainly won't free up any memory. The minimum requirements are steeper than the prior releases. You need at least 1 GB RAM, I would recommend no less than 2 GB; 4 GB is more ideal.

OP
J
Reaction score
Ohok so it is pretty specific. Now when i said that i need to free up memory, i meant to start over sought of thing. For instance i know this is with windows, but i had xp as the os then i bought a copy of windows 7 and loaded it up. By loading it up it totally wiped everything off the computer and essentially started from the beginning.

Anything else do you guys recommend

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.