two questions

Reaction score
1. Is zooming through command and mouse scroll become invalid in 10.6? I remember I can do this in 10.5, now I can just use command and +/- to zoom. Is this function canceled in 10.6 or I need some configuration to let it work.

2. It is always mute when then osx starts and I have to turn it on, how to make it not mute?

Thanks a lot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
1. control and scroll.... not command! That might fix it, and don't worry, my memory's going too in my old age :)
2.Mute, or lower volume?

OP
F
Reaction score
1. I do know the control and scroll but this is the pixel zoom not the page zoom, which can be done by command with +/-, you can see control with scroll and command with +/- has different effect, and I remember I can do this in 10.5 ( as well as in windows using control with scroll)

2. mute, the whole sound bar is gray.

thanks a lot for supporting

T

todd51

Your volume should stay at the same level as when you turned off your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Pixel Zoom = the trackpad 'Pinch open & close'
Command + & - seems to be the only way without a multi touch trackpad.

Volume or lack of problems:
The com.apple.soundpref.plist is in the MAIN LIBRARY -PREFERENCES - (not the users library where most are).
You could drag that plist file to the desktop then restart and see if the new plist file the system makes works. If so trash the one on the desktop..
S.

Reaction score
1. Is zooming through command and mouse scroll become invalid in 10.6? I remember I can do this in 10.5, now I can just use command and +/- to zoom. Is this function canceled in 10.6 or I need some configuration to let it work.

2. It is always mute when then osx starts and I have to turn it on, how to make it not mute?

Thanks a lot

1. To set Zooming with command and mouse scroll go to "System Prefences" and on the "Universal Access" tab and under "Seeing" click on "Options".
Change the modifier key to what ever you want.

2. In "System Prefences" go to the "sound" tab" and make sure Mute is not checked. Do this right after a reboot and before you turn the sound back on.

Screen shot 2009-10-24 at Oct 24,  9.08.03 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2009-10-24 at Oct 24,  9.05.45 AM.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.