• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Mac-Forums Mug Shot List

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
IMG00018.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
(outdated link removed)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I take it you are in that picture somewhere? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
Yep, that’s me.

Photo on 2011-05-30 at 17.20.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 800 Mhz PowerPC, 2 GB ram, 64 Gb SSD, 10.5 OSX • Iphone 4 • Ipad • Apple Tv • iPods :) •
seeing as to how my ibook has no isight. Digital camera. Sorry guys,

022 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
You are all looking gorgeous :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Amazing what a couple of months back at gym will do :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Amazing what a couple of months back at gym will do :D

Just to be sure...are you saying the photo on the left is before...and the photo on the right is after? Of course there are the lighting differences in the two photos for a totally fair before/after comparison.

You do look heavier/thicker/beefier in the "after" photo...but I think that you look more "cut/defined" & more athletic in the before photo. In the before photo you look like you have less body-fat...thinner skin...allowing for the veins in your fore-arms & biceps to be more visible...and more muscle definition.

Maybe your diet has more calories/fat since hitting the gym, your just retaining more water in the after photo, or maybe it's the lighting differences in the two photos....or maybe it's that "mean tough-guy scowl" you're sporting in the after photo!;)

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think what you are seeing Nick is the lighting difference. The After pic is much darker to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A bit of everything....
First shot is the before shot, which is the day, autumn, camera in the following.

Lighting ....day vs night shot, autumn vs winter shot, and camera vs webcam shot.

Next up is my diet.
First shot far less than 4% body fat, and barely eating (coffee, cigarettes, and a bit of food).
Second shot other than gym, around 4% body fat (still low, but working on it with my metabolism) eating like a pig not only due to gym, but also cut down cigarettes (tomorrow is the first day of no cigarettes).

Calorie intake has never been a problem for me, and I still don't drink enough water (but I try), but to put it in perspective, I'm 181cm tall, and in the first photo I weigh 59.5KG (131pounds), and in the second photo 68.5KG (151pounds).

Edit.... "mean tough-guy scowl" is my bad effort at trying to pose for a photo :D

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
First shot far less than 4% body fat, and barely eating (coffee, cigarettes, and a bit of food).
Second shot other than gym, around 4% body fat...

Just curious...how are you determining body fat? I'm aware of various methods...was curious what method you're using.

Thanks,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.