• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Things That Drive Us Mac Forumers Crazy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Just a thread that makes some of us crazy, like improper spelling etc. Just list a few of your own.

1. When people (noobs) say MAC, I dunno, I just find that a lot of the time some of us (you know who you are) are very particular about spelling.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2. Cross-posting and not taking the time to pick the right forum to post your question in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
All these noobs coming out of nowhere and talking about the latest MB's and MBP's. Have you noticed the INSANE amount of low post count members talking all kinds of stuff in these threads. lol.

And what you said, it does irritate me when people say MAC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06 ghz 4gb Ram 1tb, Ipod Touch 1g, iPhone 3G, iBook G4 1.2ghz 1.25 GB
Hey....I am not a forum noob...but I a new to this forum. So with that, I say:

3. Not searching for a specific problem or question, before asking about it. Seems to usually be one of those questions that has been answered 100+ times before they asked it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
4. People with 1 post trying to sell things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Just a thread that makes some of us crazy, like improper spelling etc. Just list a few of your own.

1. When people (noobs) say MAC, I dunno, I just find that a lot of the time some of us (you know who you are) are very particular about spelling.

HAHAHAHAAH! I've gotten bad rep for calling people out on that one. Something about my "attitude"...

5) People who are too insecure to leave their name with rep, good or bad. If you feel strongly enough to leave rep about it you should be willing to stand up for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The whole rep thing seems to confuse people anyway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
when you DO help folks, and they wont even take the time to drop you a wee line to say thanksl
As for people who say "mac" to pick that out as an issue is nit-picking. Any problem, no matter how small and insignificant it may be to many, may be big to new users, we all had to start somewhere

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
People below the 1,000 post count. ;)

Just kidding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I don't really get annoyed about it but . . . . . . I do wish more people would post back to say if a solution worked etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
People below the 1,000 post count. ;)

Just kidding.

I know you were just kidding, but I hate how in most forums (even this one) the number of post is basically your worth. If you're a new poster, people are reluctant to take what you have to say seriously, with good reason.

Seems like the longer you've been around and the more post you have, the better rep you have. I hate posting stuff just to post to show I have been around awhile. If I have nothing valuable to add then I won't post, usually keeping my post numbers low. Usually meaning I'm not part of the "in crowd." Guess that's just part of forums. But I see less "clique-ness" in this site than in others.

I also hate how people don't use the rep system.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I know you were just kidding, but I hate how in most forums (even this one) the number of post is basically your worth. If you're a new poster, people are reluctant to take what you have to say seriously, with good reason.

Seems like the longer you've been around and the more post you have, the better rep you have. I hate posting stuff just to post to show I have been around awhile. If I have nothing valuable to add then I won't post, usually keeping my post numbers low. Usually meaning I'm not part of the "in crowd." Guess that's just part of forums. But I see less "clique-ness" in this site than in others.

I also hate how people don't use the rep system.

If it helps, the general consensus amongst the staff here is that post count means nothing. It does not signify you as a "senior" member, nor will it get you any kind of perk. In fact, the reputation system was implemented specifically to take the emphasis off obsession with post count.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Some of us are disabled and I make many typos. Sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
If it helps, the general consensus amongst the staff here is that post count means nothing. It does not signify you as a "senior" member, nor will it get you any kind of perk. In fact, the reputation system was implemented specifically to take the emphasis off obsession with post count.

I think that has helped. Like I said, I don't think this site is nearly as bad as some other ones. At those, I just tend to lurk because most people tend to ignore what you have to say because you are a "noob."

I just wish more people would use the rep system!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
People who say Macs are greater than PC's (Personal Computers) even though Macs are PC's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think that has helped. Like I said, I don't think this site is nearly as bad as some other ones. At those, I just tend to lurk because most people tend to ignore what you have to say because you are a "noob."

I just wish more people would use the rep system!
I wish I could take you seriously... but with less than 300 posts? Sorry... ;)

Seriously though - apart from the usual Moderator gripes (people intent on causing trouble, cross posting, spammers) I don't have too many pet peeves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
That MAC thing really drives me crazy. There should be a ban imposed or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
People who don't search before posting.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I don't really get annoyed about it but . . . . . . I do wish more people would post back to say if a solution worked etc.

Yes, that bothers me also. Wish they would at least post back and let us know if the solution helped as it might help someone else down the road also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.