Dell U2410 with Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, OS 10.6.8
We just got a the Dell monitor to use with our Macbook. The Dell rotates for use in portrait mode but if it is used on a non-Dell computer, I am told I have to go to my computer manufacturer's website to find out how to rotate material for display (the Dell plug-in only works on Dell computers). Couldn't find anything on the Apple website. Does anyone here know how enable the rotation of material? Thanks
Diane

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We just got a the Dell monitor to use with our Macbook. The Dell rotates for use in portrait mode but if it is used on a non-Dell computer, I am told I have to go to my computer manufacturer's website to find out how to rotate material for display (the Dell plug-in only works on Dell computers). Couldn't find anything on the Apple website. Does anyone here know how enable the rotation of material? Thanks
Diane

Just plug this Dell monitor into your MacBook Pro (assuming you have the proper video adapter). The "rotation" software you're concerned about is already build into the Mac OS...you just have to make the adjustment in the "Display" control panel...within "System Preferences".

HTH,

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, OS 10.6.8
Thanks Nick. Followed your instructions and voila, rotation happened!
Diane

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks Nick. Followed your instructions and voila, rotation happened!
Diane

Awesome!!. Glad you were able to find it & adjust things so quickly & easily!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
hi guys.
i have the same problem, but i can not find the right option in my system settings.
maybe you can help me?
It's a iMac 2011, connected via thunderbolt - DVI.
thanks!

mahnuh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.