bento replacement

Reaction score
I've been using Bento for years as a database, mostly for information rich address book. It has always been problematic. Since it will be eliminated, I need a replacement.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Filemaker is more complex than I would like and doesn't have some of the capabilities. whacha got?

Thanks,
Marv

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The database component of LibreOffice might meet your needs. It might a touch too complicated though depending on how comfortable you are with databases.

Reaction score
Filemaker doesn't have some of the capabilities? Odd, I thought Bento was Filemaker's dumbed down little brother.

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a Bento replacement

I've been using Bento for years as a database, mostly for information rich address book. It has always been problematic. Since it will be eliminated, I need a replacement.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Filemaker is more complex than I would like and doesn't have some of the capabilities. whacha got?

Thanks,
Marv

I've been using Bento for our home inventory. It pulls photos from iPhoto and receipts from the Mac FS. I need to find an alternate solution and done really do not want to recreate the DB. Though I run both Macs and Windows, I'd prefer a Mac solution.

BTW: My concert with Filemaker Pro is its cost at $329 for the Mac version. It seems rather expensive for what should be a fairly simple DB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
As I posted earlier on a similar question: The UK MacFormat magazine (March 2014) has a review of Bento replacements: FileMaker Pro, Database, Numbers, Panorama Sheets, Symphytum and Tap Forms. Maybe you could check the reviews on these as a starter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.