No Ethernet port on new MacBook Pro? Workaround?

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about buying the new MacBook Pro but it doesn't have an Ethernet port. Will the wifi be fast enough to transmit HD movies to my Samsung TV? Right now my computer is connected via hardwire LAN to my Samsung TV that can access my HD MKV movies and play them directly from the computer. Now with the new MacBook, there is no Ethernet, so what is the wifi speed and will it be fast enough to access and play HD movies without freezing? Those that have a smart TV knows what I'm talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The Retina Display does not have ethernet but the MBP does if that makes a difference.

OP
I
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didnt just make everything thunderbolt so the can squeeze a little more blood out of you. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
... And I stream 1080p off wifi regularly.

OP
I
Reaction score
... And I stream 1080p off wifi regularly.

U must have a pretty fast computer and TV. Even with my wireless n router and quad core desk top, certain 12gig movies will freeze. Not all my hd movies will freeze but it just ain't worth it when it does and you have to switch over to LAN line. Stupid smart tv don't know how to fast forward mkv files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.