COD4 and Snow Leopard

Reaction score
I have been toying with buying COD4 for my Mac. I have yet to figure out if I should get the Mac or Windows version. I thought I read somewhere that people were having issues running it in Snow Leopard. I am not sure if it was on this forum or another. I have tried searching, and I can't seem to find the thread I was looking at. Could someone shed some light on this issue? Either give me a link to a discussion or let me know if you are running it in snow leopard and whether or not you are having issues.

I am running a late 2008 MBP 2.4 Ghz 4GB ram 250GB HDD and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB video card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 13 inches / 2.26 / 4gb / 160GB
I say get the windows version. You can always install windows by using bootcamp.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes but that means I need a copy of Windows

Well if that's the case...and a possible "show stopper"...then why did you mention in your initial post that you're trying to decide between the Mac or Windows COD4?

It's really not just a simple decision between buying COD4 for Mac or Windows.

Your real decision is:

A. Buy COD4 for Mac and you're done.
B. Buy COD4 for Windows...AND buy a copy of Windows

This is a MUCH different decision than what you mentioned in your original post!

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Well if that's the case...and a possible "show stopper"...then why did you mention in your initial post that you're trying to decide between the Mac or Windows COD4?

It's really not just a simple decision between buying COD4 for Mac or Windows.

Your real decision is:

A. Buy COD4 for Mac and you're done.
B. Buy COD4 for Windows...AND buy a copy of Windows

This is a MUCH different decision than what you mentioned in your original post!

- Nick

Because the main body of the thread was the concern with the issues associated with COD4 and snow leopard, with a side not of possibly buying it for windows. I never said I had to buy Windows I just need to get a copy. There have been posts after that to shed some light on the issue, so I think I am going to get it for mac. Between this forum and another people seem to think it will run just fine.

Would have been rather frustrating buying a $50 game only to find out it had issues with the new OS, and I could have gotten it for Windows.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I never said I had to buy Windows I just need to get a copy.

Just curious...if you don't need to buy Windows...how would you be obtaining it?

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
They're giving it away these days, haven't you heard, pigoo?? :)lol

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They're giving it away these days, haven't you heard, pigoo?? :)lol

Well if they are...please point me in that direction!;) I could use a free-legal copy...I want to give bootcamp a try.:)

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
My father has a few copies at his house. Besides what does it matter to you how I obtain a copy. Now that being said I would rather not put Windows on my computer for one program, but if there are known issues, like I stated I have seen, then I will get my legal copy of windows and go from there.

Please don't jack my thread just to prove a point. If you aren't going to answer my question then don't post in the thread.

Reaction score
My father has a few copies at his house. Besides what does it matter to you how I obtain a copy. Now that being said I would rather not put Windows on my computer for one program, but if there are known issues, like I stated I have seen, then I will get my legal copy of windows and go from there.

Please don't jack my thread just to prove a point. If you aren't going to answer my question then don't post in the thread.

Look, we're just joking a bit, but if you feel that way... go fish.
Good luck running COD4 on a 9400M:)

Reaction score
Look, we're just joking a bit, but if you feel that way... go fish.
Good luck running COD4 on a 9400M:)

actually it works runs pretty well on the 9400m. i have CoD4 for both sides. (Mac OSX and Windows XP) i prefer it on windows cause it seems aliitle smoother.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
Go with the windows version. More settings allows you to play tweak the game to run better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
I've been playing it on snow leopard for a few days now, seems fine with me. I've got a MBP 2.8ghz, 4gb ram and a 8600m gt... i mean my specs are better but Snow Leopard + COD4 = fine by me.

Reaction score
actually it works runs pretty well on the 9400m. i have CoD4 for both sides. (Mac OSX and Windows XP) i prefer it on windows cause it seems aliitle smoother.

I'm not hesitant to admit when I'm wrong about something, I went and bought myself a secondhand copy of COD4, and you were right, it does run quite well on the 9400M, so coehlers was right and so were you.:)

And I got myself a cool game in the process, but it does run faster an a bit more stable on the 9600mGT, which means that you can easily get yourself a copy of COD4 and play at your hearts desire, coehlers;D

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you that is all I was trying to find out if people had played it on the mac side and had good results. Unfortunately we ran into some issues and I am going to have to wait to buy it. I think I am going to have to purchase windows either way. The company I work for requires me to do some homestudy stuff and apparently it doesn't like anything but IE 7 and newer. I am trying to find a work around, but it looks like this machine will be getting windows anyway.

Thanx for all the info guys.

Sur3Mac said:
I'm not hesitant to admit when I'm wrong about something, I went and bought myself a secondhand copy of COD4, and you were right, it does run quite well on the 9400M, so coehlers was right and so were you.

So hows about you give me a positive rep to offset the negative rep I received for voicing my opinion when my thread was taken off topic! ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.