Need Help From You Amazing People - Video Recording

Reaction score
Hi There Guys,

I am really hoping someone could give me a great idea as I am quite stuck, and you guys seem to be amazing at giving good ideas!

I go to Plymouth University and I have just purchased a small tripod for my iPhone so that when I am in lectures I can record the whole thing (so I can go back through later in case I have missed something etc) however, due to the sheer size and quality of the video (which is AMAZING!) I recorded about 14:40 and it took up 2.44 GB.

The video and sound quality is absolutely amazing, but my iPhone 4S is only a 16 GB and it stopped recording after 15 minutes due to the lack of space in the phone. My question is:

"Is there anyway of recording STRAIGHT to my laptop from the iPhone (if it's plugged in etc.)? Or is there anyway anyone else can see some sort of a method to overcome this problem? I don't really want to have to keep recording a video, transferring to laptop, record again etc. as I would miss parts here and there."

Thanks so much for all of your help in advance, as this site has helped me out so much in the past :D

Stefan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I don't think so unfortunately GeckoPutt. Live streaming to your laptop is possible by jail breaking your phone and using some apps like Demo-god and Screen-splitter but how to get that stream onto your hard drive I'm not so sure.

Reaction score
As pendlewitch said, that's not possible without jailbreaking. Could you not just record the audio for the whole lecture and then compare what you hear with class notes? I know it's not ideal but it might be some use. Good luck finding a solution :)

@pendlewitch - nice name. I'm originally from Blackburn so I instantly smiled when I saw that name.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
As pendlewitch said, that's not possible without jailbreaking. Could you not just record the audio for the whole lecture and then compare what you hear with class notes? I know it's not ideal but it might be some use. Good luck finding a solution :)

@pendlewitch - nice name. I'm originally from Blackburn so I instantly smiled when I saw that name.

It's that time of year again...we'll all be up Pendle Hill chasing witches about!!
You still following the Rovers;D

Reaction score
It's that time of year again...we'll all be up Pendle Hill chasing witches about!!
You still following the Rovers;D

Haha, I've not been up Pendle for a long time. No, I don't really follow Rovers that much anymore unfortunately. I used to go on Ewood quite a bit - my mate got me tickets too (he was a reserve keeper - Frank Fielding). He's no.1 at Derby now. Anyway, we're way off topic. Have fun up Pendle. If I remember right you better wrap up warm - it's always freezing! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.