I need help.

Reaction score
I searched for remove applications off imac. Nothing really came up. I need to remove some junk off my imac.

Um any ideas?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I searched for remove applications off imac. Nothing really came up. I need to remove some junk off my imac.

Um any ideas?

Depending on what you want to remove...it may be as simple as dragging it to the trash...and emptying the trash.

You could also try & use the "uninstall" program...if any of your applications came with one.

- Nick

OP
MacBaby
Reaction score
Since this is my first mac. I have a question. I did take some of the apps from the application folder and put them in the trash bin, but does it leave other junk behind; I know in Windows it did and i'm just afraid of that. I want to make sure it's been deleted.
I downloaded a few things from the Apple website. Nothing big.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Since this is my first mac. I have a question. I did take some of the apps from the application folder and put them in the trash bin, but does it leave other junk behind; I know in Windows it did and i'm just afraid of that. I want to make sure it's been deleted.
I downloaded a few things from the Apple website. Nothing big.

You are correct. Sometimes when applications are installed on a Mac, some files go to other directories (just like in the MS Windows world)...and so sometimes it's difficult to track down all of the individual files.

If you were trashing files like MP3's, videos, MS Office or Photoshop files...it would be easy. But sometimes completely deleting all files related to an application can be a pain. That's why if you have the original install disk or if there is an uninstaller program already on the hard drive it makes things much easier.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.