Purchasing on September 29th – Should I wait??

Reaction score
Hey again :)

Just a quick question really, I should be purchasing either a Black Macbook or a Macbook Pro on September 29th (My brother returns to university and is going to get it with HE Discount), Anyway my question is should I buy on the 29th of September or is it worth waiting that little bit longer to have it come pre-loaded with Leopard and the new edition of iLife?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
It's really only a small upgrade fee, $129

You will miss the 'Free iPod rebate' though, by ten days.

Sorry man

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
Is he going to be a freshmen? If so, just take his acceptance letter in and they'll give you the discount...that or order it online and they don't even check. :\

OP
S
Reaction score
Does the "free iPod" apply to the UK? Because although the offer is on the .com website its not on the .com/uk one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP SR 2.2GHz
unfortunately the ipod offer is only available in the US.
Another example of bias against us Europeans:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i dont know, should you pay your credit card bill, go to the bathroom, or drive safely to work tomorrow?? that is all up to you, including the date you purchase a computer

also when you do it dont use someone elses educational discount, its just not cool, and not what the educational discount is for
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
I'm pretty sure they check. My guess is they match up the student number to the school/ name to make sure it's legit. That's what I did. I used my sisters info, student number to order it. That's all you need.

Reaction score
Plus its not cool that they will only let you buy one per academic year hahahah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 w/4 gigs, Mac Pro Dual Quad 2.8's with 16 gigs of Ram, iMac 21" i5
If you wait until September there will be something new bigger and better on the horizon, there always is. Buy the new machine when you are ready, don't let the market decide when you should buy the new machine.

As for the student discount, they are not very good about checking it, even in the Apple Stores. However, if everyone starts short changing the system they might do away with the program, and it is very helpful to many college students out there. So in short, please don't cheat the system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Leopard will be £60 with a student discount here; so if you buy in September you'll have that to deal with.

As for iLife, nothing has been confirmed about when the new version will debut (we expected it last January). Some people are saying when Leopard is released (from past "shipping this XXXXXXX" quotes it might not be 'til the end of October) then Apple will take the opportunity to introduce iLife, new iMacs etc etc, but Apple will announce them when they're ready... and since we don't even know what they're working on, we certainly can't say when they'll be released.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.