13" Macbook Pro 2009 vs 2011 - your thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
Hi all,

i have been waiting to upgrade my mid 2009 13" macbook pro 2.26ghz 4gb ram 64gb ssd drive do you guys think its worth the upgrade to the base 13" model or would you recommend me to wait for the 2012 model its just that i don't like the gpu they have now and my apple care runs out in september 2012 so i have some time left thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Does your machine do what you want now? If so, then stick with it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
New MBP has just been released today with new Processors, Graphics and the new Thunderbolt technology. I really want one lol, but as Schweb says, my MBP does everything I want and need it to do, so I cannot really justify a new one.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I like the new MacBooks, especially the fact they have Quad Cores, but then I look at what I'm typing on right now... no need, it's already more computer than I require.

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
@schweb

It's just that i wanted to give my brother my macbook pro cause he has one of the old dell laptop and its so slow to boot up or do anything on it and wanted him to taste the mac experience and then get my self the new macbook pro but i can wait 8 months if the new refresh model comes out by then or do you think the new model will come out when lion os x is out don't mind waiting 10 months max thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
See my above post... new model already released!

- Simon

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Rather buying my brother a windows laptop was thinking i could give the one i have now to him and get my self the new one but that can wait if a new one comes out within 10 months time that is

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@schweb

It's just that i wanted to give my brother my macbook pro cause he has one of the old dell laptop and its so slow to boot up or do anything on it and wanted him to taste the mac experience and then get my self the new macbook pro but i can wait 8 months if the new refresh model comes out by then or do you think the new model will come out when lion os x is out don't mind waiting 10 months max thanks

Nobody knows when the next refresh will be or what it will be or heck, even if there will be any more MacBook Pros at this point.

If you want to buy a new machine, buy one. If you are happy with your computer, keep it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...but i can wait 8 months if the new refresh model comes out by then or do you think the new model will come out when lion os x is out don't mind waiting 10 months max thanks

Jeez...we just had a MBP update today...and someone is already asking about the timing of the next one (gun barrel to head)!!!;)

- Nick

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i know the new one just came out i was talking about if after 8 months time from now a new one comes out thanks tho

Dude, you seriously must not be reading anything I've posted in this thread. :\

Reaction score
I have been waiting for the right moment to replace my PowerBook G4 17-in. (yes, I am living in a bygone era!) with the 13-in. MacBook Pro. However, today's Inbox tells me that there is a new MacBook Pro (I assume that the new one is the one that we are talking about here), so I am subscribing to this thread and I hope that the local experts will point out the differences between yesterday's 13-in. MacBook Pro and today's 13-in. MacBook Pro.

Also, is the usual new product rule in play here (wait until they work out the bugs with retail consumers, never buy the first year of a product) or is the new one really just a freshening up of old technology?

BTW, I'm a computer and tech dummy, so anything you tell me will be of help!

Thanks.

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jeez...we just had a MBP update today...and someone is already asking about the timing of the next one (gun barrel to head)!!!;)

- Nick

i was thinking of getting this one but after peoples reply am thinking should i wait or do you think i should go for one of these thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i was thinking of getting this one but after peoples reply am thinking should i wait or do you think i should go for one of these thanks

It's hard to say...what is your eventual buying decision going to be based on:

- you NEED a new computer RIGHT NOW?
- you just want cool new features...but don't need the power of the new MBP's?

There's always something "new" around the corner which you can always use as a reason to delay a purchase. But if you keep doing that...you will never purchase anything.

- Nick

p.s. I'm still using a 17" MBP from 2007 with 2 gig of ram...and I'm perfectly happy with it. But your needs may be different.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Wow....I'm not even sure what to say. You clearly are just not getting it. Read my posts, let it sink in.

Or heck, let's just make this easy....

Yes wait, because Apple will release a new one in exactly 8 months and you can buy that one. Is that what you want to hear?

For anyone else reading this, understand none of that is true.

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dude, you seriously must not be reading anything I've posted in this thread. :\

thanks i will be sticking to my macbook pro am sure he can handle another year lol

Reaction score

- Nick

Yeah, that confused me, too. I thought it was b/c I'm a newbie...

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been waiting for the right moment to replace my PowerBook G4 17-in. (yes, I am living in a bygone era!) with the 13-in. MacBook Pro. However, today's Inbox tells me that there is a new MacBook Pro (I assume that the new one is the one that we are talking about here), so I am subscribing to this thread and I hope that the local experts will point out the differences between yesterday's 13-in. MacBook Pro and today's 13-in. MacBook Pro.

Also, is the usual new product rule in play here (wait until they work out the bugs with retail consumers, never buy the first year of a product) or is the new one really just a freshening up of old technology?

BTW, I'm a computer and tech dummy, so anything you tell me will be of help!

Thanks.

The difference is now you will be getting the i5 or i7 cpu depends which one you go for they are both the 13" model and you get thunderbolt to its like usb 3.0 but better you get up to 10 Gbps plus facetime hd camera the only downfall i would say is the intel hd graphics 3000 people are saying the 2010 macbook pro's nvidia 320m is better hope this helps

Reaction score
Thanks, MrKay. It helps. I only understand part of what you are saying, but I will figure it out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.