Drivers for Mac to support ASUS monitor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OSX
ASUS monitor not working to Mac

Hey, all! I've got a new ASUS VS238H-P monitor for my Mac OSX 10.6 13" Macbook Pro. I hooked the HDMI to my Mac and the monitor turns on (blue light), has its "ASUS" screen flash, then it goes to a warning, "VGA No Signal." My Mac blues out appropriately and seems to act like it recognizes the monitor when I make display arrangement changes. Yet the ASUS remains blacked out, power light on standby orange. Oddly, even its "Menu" button doesn't bring up a menu.

What could be wrong? My Mac is about 1.5-2 years old. I though maybe it's a driver issue. What drivers would you suggest? Or it could be a cable thing, like my Mac doesn't like the non-proprietary cables I used. Here are the brands, btw: one 5-ft HDMI male-to-male cable by ProHT, and one Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter by PNY. Both cables brand-new.

Any and all help is appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The ASUS does not need drivers, nor are any available. If anything is wrong, it's possible that you're not using the right cables or adapters. Also double check the setup from your ASUS manual and System Preferences, Displays.

Read our Sticky Post in the "Other Hardware" forum regarding hooking up your Mac to an external monitor or TV.

OP
inhonoredglory
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OSX
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking my cables may be the problem, too. An older Windows and a server box were able to use the monitor using the non-HDMI cords. I think it's the non-proprietary HDMI conversion cable I had. Anyway, that's what I'm going to try to adjust next. Thanks for the reply!

Reaction score
Hey, all! I've got a new ASUS VS238H-P monitor for my Mac OSX 10.6 13" Macbook Pro. I hooked the HDMI to my Mac and the monitor turns on (blue light), has its "ASUS" screen flash, then it goes to a warning, "VGA No Signal." My Mac blues out appropriately and seems to act like it recognizes the monitor when I make display arrangement changes. Yet the ASUS remains blacked out, power light on standby orange. Oddly, even its "Menu" button doesn't bring up a menu.

What could be wrong? My Mac is about 1.5-2 years old. I though maybe it's a driver issue. What drivers would you suggest? Or it could be a cable thing, like my Mac doesn't like the non-proprietary cables I used. Here are the brands, btw: one 5-ft HDMI male-to-male cable by ProHT, and one Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter by PNY. Both cables brand-new.

Any and all help is appreciated!

I had the exact same problem. I connected a DVI cable first then used the ASUS menu to manually change it to HDMI. I then switched to my HDMI cable and it worked. I am sure you could also start with a VGA cable as well...

Reaction score
Drivers for asus monitor

The asus instructions for set up are hopelessly inadequate. If you can't get out of the "no vga signal" what you need to do (and this was shown to me yesterday by my neighbor joe) is to keep pushing the second from the bottom button (button 6 in the instructions) on the front of the display.

This will eventually change from "no vga signal" to "no dvi signal" to "no hdmi signal" then the monitor should come to life when it finally reaches the "display port' signal.

That's it. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.