Flaws of Mac os X

Reaction score
Everybody talks about the positive side of mac os x and i know that is far better than windows....what would you change about mac os x or what do you wish mac os x had?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
well i cant really blame Apple as much as software developers for not having as many 3rd party programs. Some developers just dont make a mac version, like with some p2p networks, not all support mac OS. Not really an OS flaw though, just a support issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
The Zoom button - I think the zoom button is a very good idea because it only maximizes the screen to how much you need it, but sometimes it does not work properly

For example when I click on the zoom button on finder it resizes the window to a stupid size. When I do it in the applications folder it creates one column but makes the window long in length...

Also sometimes when I click on the zoom button the finder window for some reason repositions itself on the screen to the bottom right hand corner - whyyyy!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
The Zoom button - I think the zoom button is a very good idea because it only maximizes the screen to how much you need it, but sometimes it does not work properly

For example when I click on the zoom button on finder it resizes the window to a stupid size. When I do it in the applications folder it creates one column but makes the window long in length...

Also sometimes when I click on the zoom button the finder window for some reason repositions itself on the screen to the bottom right hand corner - whyyyy!!!!

I think option + mouse scroll wheel zooms in and out as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Dude, this is the 3rd thread I have seen of this subject today :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Dude, this is the 3rd thread I have seen of this subject today :/

I sort of thought the same thing.

Number2MVP said:
*cough*Title27GT*cough*

No, he's been here too long to be Title27GT, but you haven't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
what would you change about mac os x or what do you wish mac os x had?

More Games Support.

Beyond that I think it's the best OS I've seen/used so far, although I'm always open to change. Hence why I'm on a Mac and not Windows!

Reaction score
I sort of thought the same thing.

No, he's been here too long to be Title27GT, but you haven't.

What was so bad about the guy in the first place?
I was here before he got banned, his thread was the first one I read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Eh, Finder gets a little stupid if you have a misbehaving disk type device attached to it that isn't quite all there. I was having some problems with my external firewire drive hosing out in a way in which it was kind of attached, but Finder thought it was still there to talk to, so it beachedballed and hung the system until I either turned off the drive, or pulled the cable. Then it would complain to me that I should eject things before I willy-nilly unplug it. Well excuuuse me Finder, I'll be good in the future. (Thankfully, this turned out to be a cable issue, and a replacement cable has appeared to fix this.)

I'm sure there's some other thing. Most of them are different ways of doing things, like hitting Enter to rename a file instead of launching it (something I find quite nice, actually) no cut/paste for files (but I know why that is, and sort of agree with it) Dock's a little laggy when right-clicking the applications folder I have in there, and sometimes Dock crashes on me. Oh, and when apps want to get your attention they bounce in the Dock until I click on the app. Sorry, Dock, but iCal is in another desktop; I'll flip to it in a minute...oh, jeeze it won't stop bouncing, okay fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.