New Mac-User in Need!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm about to make the big switch from XP Tyranny. I am looking into a MacBook White 2.0 with the following specs:

• 2.0 Ghz Intel Dual Core Processor
  • 1GB DDR Ram
  • 80GB Hdd
  • Superdrive
  • Etc...

I am just wondering is this last years model as it is NOT the Dual core 2 processor?, would it be seriosly worth paying £200 more for the latest Dual Core 2 Model? Also will this come with all the very interesting software (iLife, Frontrow iChat etc)

Another quick question when are we expecting leopard to be released?

Thanks Guys.

Lee :alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Hey guys, I'm about to make the big switch from XP Tyranny. I am looking into a MacBook White 2.0 with the following specs:

• 2.0 Ghz Intel Dual Core Processor
  • 1GB DDR Ram
  • 80GB Hdd
  • Superdrive
  • Etc...

I am just wondering is this last years model as it is NOT the Dual core 2 processor?, would it be seriosly worth paying £200 more for the latest Dual Core 2 Model? Also will this come with all the very interesting software (iLife, Frontrow iChat etc)

Another quick question when are we expecting leopard to be released?

Thanks Guys.

Lee :alien:

This looks to me like the intel dual core 2. Last years model only shipped with 512mb of ram, but this years which is the dual core 2 comes with 1Gb ram standard.
I would ask where you are buying it from to double check that it's the intel core 2 duo. I have seen some bench marks and apparently they can be up to 25% fast than the older gen macbooks. Personally I would (and have) spend the extra money to order a intel core 2 duo.

This will come with all the latest software.

As far as leopard, it's anyones guess, there have been rumors about an apple event on Feb 20 but that's just rumor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.