Text messages from Ipod to Ipod ?

Reaction score
I got a new ipod for my birthday, therefore i have to give my old one to my little brother. Which is perfectly fine with me. The only problem is, I have texts from my girlfriend for the last 7 months on the textfree app. And we're both so devastated that I have to let them go because its been an ongoing conversation since we got together with over a thousand texts. Is there any way I could get all of my texts onto my new ipod or is there no hope and i just have to get over it ? :(

Reaction score
I would think that if you do a backup of your current iPod, then set up the new iPod by restoring from your most recent backup, you should have all of your info on the new iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I got a new ipod for my birthday, therefore i have to give my old one to my little brother. Which is perfectly fine with me. The only problem is, I have texts from my girlfriend for the last 7 months on the textfree app. And we're both so devastated that I have to let them go because its been an ongoing conversation since we got together with over a thousand texts. Is there any way I could get all of my texts onto my new ipod or is there no hope and i just have to get over it ? :(

You should be able to keep them. Sync your old iPod, then set up the new one and restore it from backup. Everything should be as they were on the old. If not, you should be able to recover them using iPhone Explorer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I am pretty sure that if you sign into text free on your new iPod it will download them to the new one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.