Viber Error in OSX 10.10

Reaction score
I have installed OS X 10.10 Yosemite, In this viber gives error message , Need advise to solve that.Thanks in advance

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Where did you get 10.10? I joined the beta test and still have not gotten my copy.

I have never seen that error before in earlier OSX versions so not sure what it is.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey, I have downloaded from the net,I am also joined for the developer site. waiting for the link to download the proper one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Might have something to do with the fact that, Viber has not officially released their Yosemite-compatible version? No one has, for that matter ;)

Also, the new feature in 10.10 is practically making the entire Viber for desktop concept obsolete ... Personally, I never bothered to install the desktop version, and am certainly not going to now.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Hey, I have downloaded from the net,I am also joined for the developer site. waiting for the link to download the proper one

Why would you do that? It's a free OS upgrade in a future, it's a free public beta but you just have to wait to get proper access to it. If you are NOT a developer, DO NOT install 10.10, just wait!

I'm sure Apple has forums setup for you to provide feedback on 10.10, use those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This is a question you need to take up with the Viber development team since they'll be the ones working on compatibility.

MBP17•David;1586514 said:
Oh, right ... :eek: ... forgot about them ... lol :Smirk:
No worries.

Yea, the continuity functionality is only useful for people who own iPhones and to a more limited extent, iPads. Otherwise, it's utterly useless. Take people such as myself who won't purchase an iPhone unless I have no other choice. Not only does it not work with Android but it doesn't work through my cloud platform of choice (OneDrive). The new features make nothing obsolete for people like me. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Why it is a beta - developers help Apple iron out all those bugs prior to gold release. Beta should be run on a backup machine, not your main 'puter.

C

chas_m

Gee, pirated beta software not working as expected??!

I for one am shocked. SHOCKED, I say.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I know we can all get a little overly keen when it comes to a shiny new OS but it's been said before on this forum and I personally agree that there is no way I would instal even the first official release of a new OS on my main puter. Personally I'll be waiting for 10.10.2 before I even consider it.

Reaction score
The problem lies within the info.plist file. If you right click on Viber and click show package contents. Simply close viber and then rename the info.plist file to something like testinfo.plist after doing this re-open viber and it should now work without any crashes.

This is literally the equivalent of deleting the file except in this case we have a backup and we can rename it to info.plist to get the file back to its original state. If you are keen you can edit the plist such that it works with yosemite but personally i find this the quickest and easiest option.

Reaction score
Actually.. deleting the info.plist does not cure this fault: but if you open the contents of Viber.app ... then open the MacOS folder you will find the executable of Viber. Clicking on this will open Viber. There will be a lot of error messages... ignore them Viber will work.

Reaction score
Actually.. deleting the info.plist does not cure this fault: but if you open the contents of Viber.app ... then open the MacOS folder you will find the executable of Viber. Clicking on this will open Viber. There will be a lot of error messages... ignore them Viber will work.

Crispin have you tried this? It works for me.

Also by running the executable you are only bypassing the plist file and you will also receive a lot of errors and have an annoying terminal window in the background. I do not recommend this way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Firejack... yes I did try renaming the plist file: and then I got this message

You can’t use this version of the application “Viber.app” with this version of OS*X.

Strangely... when I first tried Yosemite: Viber would work.... it would pretend to crash and give a crash window.... but would continue to run

Then suddenly it started this story with the message : "You can't use this...."

and I find that running directly the executable allows it to run albeit with error messages...

Reaction score
Firejack... yes I did try renaming the plist file: and then I got this message

You can’t use this version of the application “Viber.app” with this version of OS*X.

Strangely... when I first tried Yosemite: Viber would work.... it would pretend to crash and give a crash window.... but would continue to run

Then suddenly it started this story with the message : "You can't use this...."

and I find that running directly the executable allows it to run albeit with error messages...

Thats strange because I keep getting errors when I run the executables. I hope they fix this problem soon ^^

Reaction score
yosemite, viber

got it working. in info.plist change

Bundle versions string, short - from 4 to 5
Bundle version - from 4.2.0 to 5.0.0

works flawlessly on Yosemite

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.