Express v. Extreme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
I have an airport express right now, and its pretty fast. I have enough room on my desk for an Airport Extreme and enough cash to spend on it. There is 3 computers in my house sharing the base station. Is there any reason to buy the Extreme? Is it even a tiny bit faster??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Not really, not without buying the 802.11n upgrade from Apple and activating it.

Looking at your computers in your sig, I see that you may be able to benefit from the 802.11n, though. 2/3 of the computers may be compatible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Not really, not without buying the 802.11n upgrade from Apple and activating it.

Looking at your computers in your sig, I see that you may be able to benefit from the 802.11n, though. 2/3 of the computers may be compatible.
The Extreme router comes with the N enabler for the op's iMac and MacBook so those two machines will see the benefit, especially with transfer between comptuers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
That is the place where you will see an improvement - filoe transfers between computers via LAN.

You will not really see any improvement on your internet speed, unless your internet service is providing you with a higher than 10Meg connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.