If I Purchase Macbook Air w/ HDD Drive...Can I Upgrade Later??

Reaction score
Hello. If I purchased a standard Macbook Air (HDD)...could I upgrade to SDD later?? I hear their might be an intel flash drive that could increase the MBA's storage to 120GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
the hard drive of the macbook air is not user replaceable
of course it is possible - but it is a lot more difficult and will void your warrenty

OP
B
Reaction score
so I could replace the standard drive with the SSD drive....right? of course I would take it to the apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Sure you could but bring a motorize wheelchair because it will cost an arm and leg and it's hard to operate a wheelchair with one arm. ;) Even the small SSD drives are very expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
MLC media prices have already gotten pretty low.. SLC will, I'm sure continue to drop, one of these days.. and probably before we realize it they won't be that expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
so I could replace the standard drive with the SSD drive....right? of course I would take it to the apple store.

No, Apple will not install a different hard drive for you. And if you do it or have someone else do it, it will void your warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
I've seen videos and stuff of people doing it, so it can be done. Probs be cheaper aswell, apple normally overcharges for everything on macs, eg ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I've seen videos and stuff of people doing it, so it can be done. Probs be cheaper aswell, apple normally overcharges for everything on macs, eg ram.
For that matter so does most everyone else. Buying from third party is always cheaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.