Anyone else having trouble with wireless

Reaction score
I just switched over to AT&T wireless for my iMac (10.5.6) and I notice it continually disconnects on me. I cannot recall losing my signal on cable one time in years. It doesn't last for more then a couple of minutes but it is really irritating. Anyone else have this problem that knows of a "fix." (Other then going back to cable?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How about putting the ISPs numbers, Primary and Secondary, in Sys Pref/Network and track to the DNS box for Airport settings. Not 100% sure it will help but they should be entered anyway as it makes surfing more reliable.

Reaction score
I just switched over to AT&T wireless for my iMac (10.5.6) and I notice it continually disconnects on me. I cannot recall losing my signal on cable one time in years. It doesn't last for more then a couple of minutes but it is really irritating. Anyone else have this problem that knows of a "fix." (Other then going back to cable?)
Do you have a separate wireless router you are feeding the Att internet to or do you use the Att wireless router?

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
How about putting the ISPs numbers, Primary and Secondary, in Sys Pref/Network and track to the DNS box for Airport settings. Not 100% sure it will help but they should be entered anyway as it makes surfing more reliable.

Thanks for the hint - will try that and see if it works.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am using the ATT wireless router.

Is your AT&T Wireless router White with a lot of lights in the front and 4 RJ-45 ports in the rear? I have a friend with with that router (if that is the model you have) and they have had a lot of WiFi Disconnects with it using all PC's. It was really bad one night and I had my iBook there which never has issues with any router I have used it with and the same thing was going on. For some reason they had it on Channel 1. I moved it to Channel 5 or 6 and they say it's been dead stable since. Not sure why but maybe someone was on their channel. I went over today with my iPhone and it never went down and I was using it for hours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.