TapaTalk ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Finally after many years of NOT having a iPhone i finally got myself a 4s :) and wondering if Admin was going to enable this forum to use Tapatalk the iPhone/Android forum App ??
I know there is a version here in this forum to use the IOS forum version, but was wondering with so many people supporting by becoming Premium Members if there is enough dosh in the account to enable the use of Tapatalk, as its more streamlined than using the IOS forum version.
Would go a long way to being up there with the best.
My account in Mac-Rumours is so much easier to navigate the forum than what we have going on here ??
Who else supports the use of tapatalk and who would like to see it used for this forum ??

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
No opinion because I know absolutely nothing about it . . . Looks like I need to do a bit of reading. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please read this: LINK

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I personally find the whole Tapatalk concept shady. I don't care for how the product is promoted (they essentially recruit users to spam for them), nor do I find their product unique - there are other free forum "reader" apps that essentially perform the same functions as Tapatalk, but don't require a dubious plug-in for the hosting forum.

For those reasons, I'm not keen on implementing it here - particularly when there are other viable alternatives. But thanks for your interest, TM.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
My apologies for not searching just got so excited about my new purchase I jumped in head 1st without thinking :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I personally find the whole Tapatalk concept shady. I don't care for how the product is promoted (they essentially recruit users to spam for them), nor do I find their product unique - there are other free forum "reader" apps that essentially perform the same functions as Tapatalk, but don't require a dubious plug-in for the hosting forum.

For those reasons, I'm not keen on implementing it here - particularly when there are other viable alternatives. But thanks for your interest, TM.

I actually admin multiple forums, all with tapatalk installed due to user request. From both the forum perspective, and the OS perspective I have seen nothing 'dubious' from a security perspective about the plugin. I already know your opinion on the entire subject, but since I've actually some experience with it, I felt the compulsion to reply ;)

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned
We are developing our own mobile solution actually, and have decided against Tapatalk. You can only run your own ads in the paid version, otherwise it is their ads, and they charge your users to install the app.

I've gone through the specification of our mobile solution pretty well, and feel pretty confident it will be very user friendly, and include the primary features for users that Tapatalk has.

It will also support the forum as well as the blog, which is something tapatalk does not do, but we consider important for our sites.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's great news Matt, especially since I just purchased a new iPad. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Tapatalk work until you do a search

I am a recent user of Tapatalk and it works fine, until I do a search in Mac-Forums and it returns an error message. Talpatalk does not do search for Mac F

If you have your own App, please tell us which is it. Otherwise, Tapatalk is working well with Mac-Forums except for that glitch...:'(

We are developing our own mobile solution actually, and have decided against Tapatalk. You can only run your own ads in the paid version, otherwise it is their ads, and they charge your users to install the app.

I've gone through the specification of our mobile solution pretty well, and feel pretty confident it will be very user friendly, and include the primary features for users that Tapatalk has.

It will also support the forum as well as the blog, which is something tapatalk does not do, but we consider important for our sites.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned
Tapatalk says the forum has to install a plugin in order for it to work. If you are using Tapatalk with Mac-Forums, you'll have to check with Tapatalk - I just checked on our admin side and the plugin is NOT installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Tapatalk says the forum has to install a plugin in order for it to work. If you are using Tapatalk with Mac-Forums, you'll have to check with Tapatalk - I just checked on our admin side and the plugin is NOT installed.

This is 100% true. I suspect there's some misunderstanding. I do not see Mac-Forums as available via Tapatalk.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am a recent user of Tapatalk and it works fine, until I do a search in Mac-Forums and it returns an error message. Talpatalk does not do search for Mac F

If you have your own App, please tell us which is it. Otherwise, Tapatalk is working well with Mac-Forums except for that glitch...

It hasn't got MF on there list of 000's this is why i posed the ?

I do not see Mac-Forums as available via Tapatalk.

This is %100 true

EDIT : Seems as if Admin had now closed my poll :( Why may i ask? I was still interested as to who would of liked TT on IOS even if its not going to be implemented.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
It is true, not in Tapatalk... I was confusing it with MR. It does not seem to like Mac, either way.
:Not-Amused:

It hasn't got MF on there list of 000's this is why i posed the ?

This is %100 true

EDIT : Seems as if Admin had now closed my poll :( Why may i ask? I was still interested as to who would of liked TT on IOS even if its not going to be implemented.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.