Averatec 2150-EH1 vs G4 Powerbook

Reaction score
I know this is a Mac forum and I am a bit more interested in the Mac due to its lack of Microsoft so I would like to ask you guys for your thoughts.

Any suggestions as far as comparisons? Also, I found there is about a $200 difference between the G4 Powerbook and the Macbook 13.3; Is the Macbook hugely better that the G4 Powerbook?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
yes, the macbook is much much fast, has dualcore cpus, faster RAM. and it can run windows also.

The powerbook looks better because its metal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHz C2D 1GBRAM 120GBHDD Red Apple Logo. :)
Haha... Well, I am a former Averatec user.

My last laptop was an Averatec 2155-EH1--! How funny.

In any case, the averatec 2100's and the Macbook (I have a Blackbook C2D) are worlds apart. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mac OS X, I love my widgets Expose everything.

The hardware is great. Battery life anywhere between 3-4 hours. Slot load DVD burning drive, and 1GB of ram. Nice. Plus the Core 2 Duo processor is the bomb!

And the keyboard is very nice. I like how it is quiet and the buttons are so easy to get used to and can't wear away to reveal plastic of a different color underneath like my keyboard on my 2155 did TWICE!

Go all the way and go for the Macbook... Any of the C2Ds are recommended... However, I would just take the plunge and get the Black one. You can get it in apple refurb for 1,299. I got it retail though.

OP
G
Reaction score
I figured the overall quality of the Macbook would put it over the top, I just didn't know I would get so lucky as to get a post from somebody that had the laptops I mentioned. Thanks. I need to get to saving money. I'm close, but not close enough. :-D

OP
G
Reaction score
What about this for $700?

Item Specifics - Apple Laptops
Product Family:
PowerBook
Hard Drive Capacity:
60 GB

Processor Type:
PowerPC G4
Operating System:
Mac OS 10.4, Tiger

Processor Speed:
1.33 GHz
Screen Size:
12 inches

Memory (RAM):
768 MB
Condition:
Used

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHz C2D 1GBRAM 120GBHDD Red Apple Logo. :)
Does that seem average, great or poor?

Average as of now. With those specs you'll be needing to upgrade in another year or two. Granted by then you can probably get a macbook CD for that price, but-- You really should if possible upgrade to the macbook now. It will have more longevity.

But in the end it is your call.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.