Downloads folder messed up

IRL

Reaction score
Hi
I accidentally put my downloads folder on my doc into the trash. I just dragged the downloads icon back onto the doc to get it back. The problem is, when i download something, it doesn't show up on the doc icon like it used to. When i expand the icon it shows the downloads from a year ago, not my most current ones. Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ha, ha! It's not your doc, it's your Dock. ;)

The problem probably lies in the location you dragged this Downloads icon from. You'll have to supply that info here.

OP
I

IRL

Reaction score
Ha, ha! It's not your doc, it's your Dock. ;)

The problem probably lies in the location you dragged this Downloads icon from. You'll have to supply that info here.

In finder, from the favorites. What would be the correct location to get it from?

Reaction score
Try: right-click the folder, "Display as Stack". It's probably set to display as folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
In finder, from the favorites. What would be the correct location to get it from?

If you mean the Sidebar in a Finder window (that's what I call it) then that should work. I would, however, get it from my User folder, just to be safe. Now the folder is not called "User", it's my name. I don't know what yours is called.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.