Logic board problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.5GHz i5, MBP 15" intel core 2.16GHz, MBP 13" intel core duo, iPhone, iPad2
alright so long story short my gf got a unibody 13' macbook about a month and a half ago refurbished from apple.com... yesterday the computer just wouldnt start after being fine the day before so we took it to a 'genius' who said the logic board was corroded and sent her home crying... we know for certain water/soda/liquid didnt get into it as she used the laptop at night before bed and left it on her desk until she came back from school... is there any other possible explanation for what happened? is there any way we can get it repaired by applecare?
if all else fails... know where we can get a new logic board? apple is trying to charge us 900 dollars that we as student dont have for the repair

turned out longer then i expected :/

thanks in advance for reading

btw i saw the "i spilled water" thread but thought this was a special circumstance

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
alright so long story short my gf got a unibody 13' macbook about a month and a half ago refurbished from apple.com... yesterday the computer just wouldnt start after being fine the day before so we took it to a 'genius' who said the logic board was corroded and sent her home crying... we know for certain water/soda/liquid didnt get into it as she used the laptop at night before bed and left it on her desk until she came back from school... is there any other possible explanation for what happened? is there any way we can get it repaired by applecare?
if all else fails... know where we can get a new logic board? apple is trying to charge us 900 dollars that we as student dont have for the repair

turned out longer then i expected :/

thanks in advance for reading

btw i saw the "i spilled water" thread but thought this was a special circumstance

Not sure if you are going to get a much better price than that, considering the logic boards for the older MBPs are around 700-800 USD.

Bite the bullet and get it fixed, or sell it for parts and get a new MBP. >_<"

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.5GHz i5, MBP 15" intel core 2.16GHz, MBP 13" intel core duo, iPhone, iPad2
haha thats exactly what we didnt wanna hear thanks though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Apple replaced mine when it failed for free:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.