Resize BOOTCAMP partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz/Mac OSX 10.6/128 GB HD SSD/NVIDIA Geforce 9400M/External drive WD HDD 500 Gb
Hi All!!

I want to resize (enlarge 4-5 GB) my BOOTCAMP partition, but I really don't know ** to do it...how can I do This?
Can you suggest me any application? Help me please

Thank you!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, you can re-size it without destroying data. Download "CampTune" from Paragon Software. ($19.95) Be sure to read all the instructions that come with it. It requires that you create a bootable CD to boot your Mac in order to proceed with the partition resizing.

Make sure you backup your entire system before doing any resizing.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5Gz Late 2009 duo prosseser
Yes, you can re-size it without destroying data. Download "CampTune" from Paragon Software. ($19.95) Be sure to read all the instructions that come with it. It requires that you create a bootable CD to boot your Mac in order to proceed with the partition resizing.

Make sure you backup your entire system before doing any resizing.

Regards.

So this isn't possible for free? Really?? :Angry:

I'm not made of money, though i wish i was. :$

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is actually possible for free, using a nice little app called Winclone. It can be found here: http://twocanoes.com/winclone/

Basically, what you do is make a clone of your Boot Camp partition (with Winclone), then delete it using Boot Camp Assistant. After that, you want to create a new partition (with the new size you want to expand it to) then restore your cloned copy of your Boot Camp system using Winclone.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The reason I did not recommend WinClone to you is that the program has been problematic. Please do some WinClone forum reading before you decide to proceed with it. As for CampTune, up until a short time ago the program was in preview and was free. You may still be able to locate a free copy. Do some searching. In any event, $19.95 is too much for you? :p

Regards.

OP
Xenon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz/Mac OSX 10.6/128 GB HD SSD/NVIDIA Geforce 9400M/External drive WD HDD 500 Gb
Thank you guys!
I was thinking about Camptune indeed, but because of other problems in the bootcamp partiton, I decided to delete it, and then make another one bigger. It Takes just a few minute (but you have to reinstall windows).
My new question is: is it bad to the hard drive to create and delete bootcamp partitions? this kind of operation, may damage the HD?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thank you guys!
I was thinking about Camptune indeed, but because of other problems in the bootcamp partiton, I decided to delete it, and then make another one bigger. It Takes just a few minute (but you have to reinstall windows).
My new question is: is it bad to the hard drive to create and delete bootcamp partitions? this kind of operation, may damage the HD?

No, it's not going to damage the HD. But I do recommend that you make a full backup before you make any major changes to the filesystem. If something goes wrong, it will be during a process like that - and often it can mean you lose all of your data.

I have not had problems with WinClone and have used it several times to do similar operations. I have also used CampTune in beta form and it worked quite well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Intel 2.4 GHz, 2 GB, 160 GB Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00 Media, OS X 10.6, Win 7 Via BootCamp
This method worked (TESTED)

Hey guys,

This is actually possible for free, using a nice little app called Winclone. It can be found here: Winclone

Basically, what you do is make a clone of your Boot Camp partition (with Winclone), then delete it using Boot Camp Assistant. After that, you want to create a new partition (with the new size you want to expand it to) then restore your cloned copy of your Boot Camp system using Winclone.

I've tried this method and it worked :)
i recommend this method to everybody

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.