iPhone apps on iMac ?

Reaction score
I know we have Widgets for iMac, is it possible to have the iPhone Apps useable or at least converted to use on iMac ?

Reaction score
I know we have Widgets for iMac, is it possible to have the iPhone Apps useable or at least converted to use on iMac ?

Apple has an iPhone Simulator for the Macintosh that they make available to iPhone software developers so that they can program their iPhone applications on their Macintosh.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to get ahold of Apple's iPhone Simulator other than becoming a registered developer with Apple.

So, no, there really is no way for an ordinary user to use iPhone apps on their Macintosh.

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
Apple has an iPhone Simulator for the Macintosh that they make available to iPhone software developers so that they can program their iPhone applications on their Macintosh.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to get ahold of Apple's iPhone Simulator other than becoming a registered developer with Apple.

So, no, there really is no way for an ordinary user to use iPhone apps on their Macintosh.

Why would they want to ?:Confused:

Reaction score
Why would they want to ?:Confused:

I assume that you don't have an iPad.

There are tons of really cool apps for the iPad, especially games, that don't exist for any desktop computer.

It's true that most of these apps wouldn't make sense on a desktop computer, but many would. Who wouldn't want to play Angry Birds on their Mac?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's true that most of these apps wouldn't make sense on a desktop computer, but many would. Who wouldn't want to play Angry Birds on their Mac?

You already can. It's been available in the App Store now for quite awhile. I just checked a few minutes ago and it's still there.

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
I assume that you don't have an iPad.

There are tons of really cool apps for the iPad, especially games, that don't exist for any desktop computer.

I do have an iPad - although I have had problems getting it to recognise my Apple I.D. etc
Which has prevented me from accessing the Apps. Store to download several apps. I need - like Skype

But - am working on it when I can be bothered - but it ain't easy to actually either set up a New Apple I.D. - or even to update your existing one..
All to do with Apple already having your email address on their database - and saying you can't use it..
I'm sure I will get there eventually - might even look again at some of the youtube videos about ' how to do it' !:Lips-Are-Sealed:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I do have an iPad - although I have had problems getting it to recognise my Apple I.D. etc
Which has prevented me from accessing the Apps. Store to download several apps. I need - like Skype

But - am working on it when I can be bothered - but it ain't easy to actually either set up a New Apple I.D. - or even to update your existing one..
All to do with Apple already having your email address on their database - and saying you can't use it..
I'm sure I will get there eventually - might even look again at some of the youtube videos about ' how to do it' !:Lips-Are-Sealed:

What is it telling you?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.